[SUPPORT] Plex Library Cleaner

• 4 weeks later...

I got it working for both TV & Movies.   WHAT A GOD SEND

So, here is what I did:

1) I had to change to BR0 in order to assign it a unique IP onto my server so that it could reach my plex library.

2)  I edited the settings for the config (Yes, I had that error before)

04319dd4-5705-4072-891c-44933ff02615.png.401b9c85ca58b68a220f0615c6138dc7.png

(I moved it on my appdata drive to folder cleanarr for my own preference, you don't have to)

3)  For Libary Names I put MOVIES and did all the movies.

4) When I wanted to do the TV shows, and it didn't like spaces, I renamed "TV Shows" inside Plex to "TV" and put that variable into Cleanarr for Libary name, and then it worked.

Thank you to the creator, and everyone in here for helping me piece it together.

Following to see what the solutions ends up being. 

I've used this for over a year now and it's worked fine.  I give it a look every few months and it HAD been working fine.  I've removed and reinstalled, change the /config some have mentioned and tried the BR0... still no go.

Very frustrating to say the least.

• 1 month later...

I gave

1 minute ago, audiocycle said:

I just tried installing it and I just can't get it working. I also tried both the /config trick and changing the network¨settings to a dedicated IP and I keep getting

I gave up. It doesn’t work and there is no actual support anywhere.

@ich777 @Squid this should be pulled from the app store until it’s repaired and made functional or the support thread is active with answers 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've come across this thread while trying to work out how the sample search works, as I have some saved as TV Episodes, but they don't get detected.

That being said, the Duplicates search does work for me.

On 6/26/2023 at 8:26 AM, eagle470 said:

It doesn’t work...

Here are my settings @eagle470, I hope they help you out.  Some things to note...

• I access the app via a FQDN, eg https://cleanarr.mydomain.com that is served up using Traefik.  Because of this, I don't expose a port to my LAN, only to the internal docker network.  You may need to expose a port to your LAN to be able to access it.
  • I also use an SSO authentication server, Authentik, that ties in with Traefik, so you may not need my last three "Traefik" settings
  • My Plex server's docker container is called "plex", so I address it on the internal docker network as http://plex:32400 .  The only downside for doing this is clicking on the Plex server name in the top-right of the page doesn't work for me, but I can live with that.
  • If you're getting "Error : Failed to load content!", change the setting for the wrapper timeout (PLEX_TIMEOUT)
  • If you're getting Plex Timeout errors, then look at the Plex Page Size (PAGE_SIZE) setting

Cleanarr.thumb.jpg.7ddd2e3e06f83f75e8351e54d4b89a2a.jpg

On 7/15/2023 at 8:04 PM, James Cavanagh said:

"Error : Failed to load content!"

I added those two variable to the template based on the Github and tweaked them following your comment but I'm still getting this same error. Tried both in the default network Bridge and with Br0 to no avail.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm was having the same issue as many others, I changed the path in unraid from frontend to config - and still nothing. 

Then I deleted the entire app..  and during INSTALL of the application, i had to change the "frontend" to "config"  - you cannot change it after the fact!!

Hope this helps someone else!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BeersTeddy said:

This app does not longer work

Replace /frontend with /config while installing

Tried every single solution in here - no luck, just refuses to connect to plex

Hey Beers, how big is your library?

So what I found with this - is you have to configure and start with this from a clean image - you cannot change anything at all after install, so you have to get it 100% right off the bat. 

Also - my plex is in HOST mode not Bridge. I will say because my library is so large, I can't use this because it doesn't paginate ( break in to pages ) with large libraries.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...