Cache and RAID1 BTFRS - worth it?

Hi all

All issues I've had running UnRaid, without fail, for the last few years, has been down to the RAID1 cache in my system. I am, once again, moving everything off the cache, suffering the Docker downtime because of it, and reformatting. 

It's taken all day so far. (Plex has soooo many files..) 

I am pondering splitting up my two 1TB drives and simply using one as an "unassigned device" as a backup location or even a hotswap if the primary drive fails. 

I have yet to have an SSD die on me though, so it's doubtful anything should happen.. I've just had so many issues by now and it's frustrating to keep restarting and spending days of time relocating files in the process. 

Any thoughts on this? Am I alone in suffering these corruption and filesystem problems with the RAID1 cache under BTFRS? 

16 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you ever fill cache? That is the usual cause of corruption. Easy to avoid if you configure things correctly.

Never happened yet. Even replaced my dual 250G drives with dual 1TB drives just to eliminate that the drives themselves were faulty. 

Never at risk of running out of space on cache now, not even with large data ingress.