no video output

hello guys,

yes i asked this earlyer in a other post, wrong place, so i hope i am at the correct place now ,

im a newbie at stuff like unraid, there are plenty of guides i know but i don't understand them well or i don't understand them at all,

i have been trying to get video output from vm,

my system is for now a test build from left over parts, i want to well cheaply expand , buying a new nas with more drive slots is quite expansive,

my system

amd ryzen 7 3700x

asrock x570 pro4

16 gb ddr4 3600mhz cl 18 corsair vengeance

gigabyte aorus 1080ti

2x nvme sam evo 970 1tb

thing is i tried all 3 bios files i got from https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=NVIDIA&manufacturer=Gigabyte&model=GTX+1080+Ti&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

but none of the 3 works or i do something wrong,

i updated my gpu to the latest driver of gigabyte,

as so as i start the vm the screen blacks out and no visuals, the unraid still works fine from remote,

i posted the vm log in attachments, if you need more info i have to google how to

1.txt

Dump your own V-BIOS. I never had any luck with hex editing one.

this is the method I use.

however this is a newer method.

I would check you can pass the GPU to a VM as a secondary card as this is easier because you don’t need a v-bios file.

can you RDP into the VM (assuming windows) is the GPU detected in device manager?

Edited by gray squirrel