2 disk array and one showing as parity disabled

Ran a parity check and the disks passed then few days later one seems to have failed.

Details as:- 'Array operation'   started, array unprotected.

So one of the disks has failed?

I can access the shares / data but am I on a ticking time bomb and I'll loose data?

I have another exact replacement Disk can I plug that in and rebuild the array redundancy replacing the 'failed disk'?

I imagine I'll need to leave the array up and plug in the replacement disk?

Thanks for any help you can give.

mmm, the 192.168.1.207 is my ESXi server.

The FCP is a bit of an odd one, unless its the data (LUN) share for the ESXi .........

So you'd recommend rebuilding the drive onto itself? No need for me to plug in another (3rd) drive into the array for safety?

You'd suggest the rebuild onto the affected drive as it should be ok?? Sorry so many questions, I really should've had more drives and backups.

Many many thanks for replies and help in trying to fix. This community really is great.

Edited by jaygoo
17 minutes ago, jaygoo said:

FCP

Aug  8 04:30:02 gooNAS root: Fix Common Problems Version 2021.05.03
Aug  8 04:30:02 gooNAS root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share Media set to not use the cache, but files / folders exist on the cache drive
Aug  8 04:30:02 gooNAS root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Default docker appdata location is not a cache-only share
Aug  8 04:30:02 gooNAS root: Fix Common Problems: Error: parity (WDC_WD30EFRX-68EUZN0_WD-WCC4N0ZZLYNE) is disabled
Aug  8 04:30:02 gooNAS root: Fix Common Problems: Error: parity (WDC_WD30EFRX-68EUZN0_WD-WCC4N0ZZLYNE) has read errors
Aug  8 04:30:03 gooNAS root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Deprecated plugin ca.backup.plg
Aug  8 04:30:06 gooNAS root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application binhex-delugevpn is missing.
Aug  8 04:30:06 gooNAS root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Mover logging is enabled
Aug  8 04:30:06 gooNAS root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Write Cache is disabled on parity
Aug  8 04:30:06 gooNAS root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Write Cache is disabled on disk1
Aug  8 04:30:06 gooNAS root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Write Cache is disabled on cache
Aug  8 04:30:07 gooNAS root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Unassigned Devices Plus not installed
Aug  8 04:30:07 gooNAS root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: Background notifications not enabled

20 minutes ago, jaygoo said:

rebuilding the drive onto itself?

Not only is the disk OK, but it is parity, which contains none of your data, so no risk to rebuilding to that same disk.

Many thanks everyone for your help. Checking the diag log file and advise.

Followed the suggested advise by trurl (URL link) and my data disk and parity are now all happy.

Thanks again trurl.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:43 PM, trurl said:

Not only is the disk OK, but it is parity, which contains none of your data, so no risk to rebuilding to that same disk.