Enable unRaid SSL with self-signed pfSense Cert

Hello;

I have been trying to get SSL enabled using my pfSense self-signed cert instead of the unraid.net cert - but I cannot get this going..

I have a CA Internal Cert with the CN=*.domain.ca and then i created a cert using this CA also with the CN=*.domain.ca and i have set the FQDN as unraid.domain.ca and also added the IP 192.168.x.x

My unraid server name is: unRaid and i have taken those 2 certs and created the .pem file which is named unRaid_unraid_bundle.pem and all 3 files are stored under /boot/config/ssl/certs/

Under Management Access within unraid the local TLD is set to domain.ca and ssl/tls is set to Yes. I have rebooted the server and even cleared my cache but when i try accessing the gui i still get connection is not secure.

Hoping someone can point me in the correct direction, than you

Browsers do not trust self-signed certs because they don't roll up to one of the trusted root certificates.  Anyone can create a self-signed cert, therefore you could be talking to any server. The browser's communication with the server is still encrypted, but the browser cannot guarantee that you are talking to the server you think you are talking to.

When you first access the site in Chrome you'll see a message like this:

image.png

Click "proceed" and then in the URL bar you will see "Not secure". Clicking that shows:

image.png

This is all normal and how it is supposed to work.