issues making imported WINDOWS 10 to work as VMs (Solved)

Xcage

Hi ppl,

The issue here is that i cant make the imported WIN10 OS to work as VM

the OS was originally installed on 2 SSDs which were configured as Raid 1 , i then used Disk2VHD

(https://www.veeam.com/blog/how-to-convert-physical-machine-hyper-v-virtual-machine-disk2vhd.html)

to make a image of the OS, then i used qemu-img to convert the image to qcow2

now i need to make it work, ive tried OVMF Bios with i440, changing manually to qcow2 name and location.

it goes to shell , and if i exit the shell and try boot options none of them seem to boot.

tried to create a VM with auto disk with seabios and q35 5.1 with qcow type, then manually change the disk to qcow2 name and location

screen attached

please enlighten me on how to proceed.

also tried to add the driver via cmd , still cant see C drive to boot

q35 seabios.PNG

ssss.PNG

Edited by Xcage
added info
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so maybe some1 will stumble upon this post in the future with same or similar issues,

ill briefly explain what i tried to do , what were the goals and how it was achieved.

so i had 3 windows machines , each separate windows server machine for different purposes in different places.

ling story short those needed to be in 1 place mainly for backup transfers (locally in the same network much faster then over internet)

so i used disk2vhd to make vhd vdisk

then converted it to qcow2, then mounted it

now after wiggling with the settings i got it working , used Seabios , q3.5 machine , and the setting that finally worked for me is changing Primary vDisk Bus: to Sata

Hope it helps some1

• Xcage changed the title to issues making imported WINDOWS 10 to work as VMs (Solved)
  • 2 years later...