(SOLVED) Smart Error: Offline uncorrectable/Current pending sector

J0my

Hello, I recently got a notification in Unraid of Offline uncorrectable/Current pending sector errors, where both have a value of 16 on the drive "ST8000DM004-2CX188_WCT00DET - 8 TB". I ran a SMART extended self-test and got a "Errors occurred - Check SMART report" result, I have included the Smart Report as well as diagnostics and Syslog as I don't really know how severe of an issue it is.

I have seen in other posts about this issue that it may not indicate the drive is dying, but I would just like some feedback if possible if the attached logs etc can help determine the severity and if it is dying and should be replaced.

Any help would be appreciated :)

tower-diagnostics-20210812-1009.zip

Edited by J0my
35 minutes ago, trurl said:

For future reference, Diagnostics zip already includes SMART for all attached disks and syslog since reboot, so no need to attach separately.

# 1  Extended offline    Completed: read failure       50%      9570         8595749280

Replace disk.

Thanks bud, good to know it is only diagnostics that I need to attach, will look at replacing the disk.

I really appreciate the help :)

• J0my changed the title to (SOLVED) Smart Error: Offline uncorrectable/Current pending sector