Windows 10 VM random reboots on fresh Unraid

Hi,

I recently rebuilt my unraid with my daily driver. I've had a few issues, but one specifically I'm hoping to get assistance addressing and hopefully fixing. I noticed this morning that Windows randomly restarted after I logged on. After my reboot I checked my event logs and saw that this same error causing the system to need to reboot has occurred many times. This specific error code kernel-power has been the bane of my existence in previous systems:

image.thumb.png.58bf265c197353e8a714d504ad716807.png

So, previously when I ran unraid I had this issue as well and had to drop it because I didn't have time then to troubleshoot this. 

Also FWIW:

I'm running a Ryzen 5 2600x @ stock

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengenance LPX ram @ 3200Mhz

3 x 8 TB HDD's in my array

1 x 500GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD cache

1 x 2TB Crucial SSD

GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X 

650 Watt Corsair 80+ Bronze PSU

I do have GPU passthrough enabled with the modded vBios following SpaceInvader One's videos. This Windows 10 is completely patched, I've only installed Brave Browser, Cylance AV, and Zoom. Any help is appreciated.

Well, I had another crash minutes after writing this post. I ended up booting to an SSD with a bare metal Windows 10 install for the day until I can resolve this issue...

Edit: I did update my GPU driver. I recall having this issue previously with Unraid - Windows 10 ran fine with GPU passthrough for some days before finally starting to experience such frequent issues that I was forced to abandon the setup. Again, all help is appreciated.

Edited by itz4blitz

Just wanted to throw this out there in case someone thinks it could be the case:

I didn't have this issue with Windows crashing until I enabled GPU passthrough. On Tech PowerUp, there are 2 GPU's listed for the GTX 1080TI MSI Gaming X card. One is 1KB smaller than the other. I took the second (bigger) version. I'm going to download the second vBios and edit it following SpaceInvader's tutorial later today and I'll provide an update if this fixes anything.

• 4 weeks later...