Selfhosted Password manager in 2021?

je82

Hi, thinking of selfhosting a password manager, but i have some questions.

I want my passwords to be 100% selfhosted, no cloud services involved. Therefor there are some problems, i need multiple installations of either bitwarden or perhaps using something like enpass which as i understand stores the passwords locally encrypted on each device?

The reason i need dual installations is if i shutdown my unraid server then what? I have no passwords? Just like DNS i like at least 2 on different hardware so i can shut down one while the other remains operational and they need to auto sync inbetween.

I intend to use vpn connectivity to my network when i use devices from the outside, so i don't need any reverse proxying.

What is the best password manager 2021 you would recommend to achieve such things? Is Enpass the way to go or is bitwarden (now for whatever reason called Vaultwarden?) the way to go?

EDIT: Seems like enpass doesn't support syncing unless you use cloud, what a strange thing.

Edited by je82
The reason i need dual installations is if i shutdown my unraid server then what? I have no passwords?

Bitwarden syncs your passwords to each device into a local 'vault' so you can access your last synced passwords offline.

I have Bitwarden installed as a self hosted service and it works as promised.