(solved) unraid 6.9.2 Memory Question?

Just a question about RAM and understanding the correct settings.

I have an ryzen 5 3600 with an ASrock b450 pro 4

I have 2 sets (4 sticks ) of VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory

I dont see anywhere online if it's "single" or "dual" nor do i know much about ram in general.

I've ran memtest to try and  see whats "crashing" / "hanging" my system . After like 5 hours with no errors i stopped it.

Here is a pic from my mobo's site.

Is it okay to have 4 of these sticks filling all four slots without issues? ( it ran with all 4 for probably 7 months without issues)

image.png.56fdd8b3b5c9d6760c6fdfe1b7d150c4.png

Edited by XceRpt
  • XceRpt changed the title to unraid 6.9.2 Memory Question?
21 minutes ago, Squid said:

Personally, I'm not a fan of running any component at OC.  In your case, the SPD of the RAM (ie: the non OC speed) of the RAM is 2133.  

Appreciate the reply. I'm not trying to run anything overclocked just trying to narrow down whats causing the crashes. i've tried the c state things mentioned and typical idle etc. to no avail. i ran for 7 months or so on all 4 with no problems. I removed 2 and I'm trying those to see what happens.

On 8/14/2021 at 5:22 PM, Squid said:

Anything above 2133 is an overclock on the RAM.  Not saying that you're necessarily going to run into problems though.  YMMV.  I'm just not a fan of it. 

After removing 2 sticks my server crashed even faster than having 4 sticks, dont make lotta sense. I noticed before bios had my ram at 3200. i made sure to turn off the xmp? and not use any of the profiles in the bios. after i put the two removed sticks back in bios showed 2133. server hasnt crashed since. This thread can be closed if needed. Thanks for the insight on how the ram is advertised compared to what it's actual speeds are non oc.

• XceRpt changed the title to (solved) unraid 6.9.2 Memory Question?