Missing the ability to change your own "rank"

Squid

2 hours ago, SpencerJ said:

if any of these suggestions are able to be reverted. 

Another change I like to be reverted is the "default stream" in top-right. It has now changed to "start new topic" which apparently can bot be altered. It used be a selectable action. I had it set to view unread content, and this new setting heavily interferes with my workflow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Another change I like to be reverted is the "default stream" in top-right. It has now changed to "start new topic" which apparently can bot be altered. It used be a selectable action. I had it set to view unread content, and this new setting heavily interferes with my workflow.

That change happened in the very recent past, as in a couple hours. The other changes happened a day or so ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for reporting.  Rank icons are now restored. 

I'll check in to this next, sounds like that theme component reset during the upgrade:

7 hours ago, bonienl said:

18 hours ago, bonienl said:

I had it set to view unread content, and this new setting heavily interferes with my workflow.

Until this is fixed, start your session on your unread content filter page, and just use the browsers back button to return to that page after you finish interacting with each thread in turn. It only takes a couple hundred threads to totally retrain your muscle memory. 🤣

18 hours ago, BRiT said:

Speaking of which, what does the new icon at the far left do, other than take up space? Pretty sure it wasn't there before. They still show up even on Desktop mode in Chrome browser. It's annoying.

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 10.23.48 AM.png

This appears to distinguish between reactions, posts, new members, etc. I don't see a way to disable.

• Thanks 1

I thought users were having a problem with drag and drop attachments based on what one user reported after his attachment didn't work. Other users also had attachments that didn't work so I suggested they try the "choose files" link instead and they were able to make that work.

But drag and drop seems to work for me with chrome browser.

Drag and droptest.txt

Choose files

test.txt

• Thanks 1
On 8/16/2021 at 12:33 PM, bonienl said:

This is still being looked into and likely has to do with our custom forum theme. We're contacting our theme author to get this fixed.

Cc: @jonp

18 minutes ago, Squid said:

Not it.  It was the text that would appear above the avatar, and in the profile it is labelled Member Title.  But at least the rocket now shows something of use.

Ok will keep digging. 

➡️     ➡️   ↘️

↗️                       ↘️

↗️                                ↘️

🚀                                       💥🦑

• Haha 1