[SOLVED] New Install, no default shares

Hello All,

New user here, trying to get things set up before I start moving data from a windows machine. Thought I would go ahead and try 6.10.0-rc1 (yolo) on a brand new system. Everything seemed to install properly, I could see my drives (1 8TB mechanical, 2 nvme SSDs for cache drives) and was able to run a read check on the mechanical HDD yesterday, but the default user shares are not being generated when the array is started. Googling and searching the forum made it seem like the usual reason for this problem is disks are formatted but it looks to me like the drives are formatted. I've tried to simplify things, using only the one 8TB mechanical drive and no cache pools but still no dice. Edit: there is a disk share (and it has shown up from the beginning), let me add that screenshot.

It's probably something dumb, but I've very quickly reached my limits of my linux and googling skills.

main tab unraid.png

anarres-diagnostics-20210815-0730.zip

shares tab unraid.png

Edited by David Stein
changing title to [solved]
  • David Stein changed the title to [SOLVED] New Install, no default shares
25 minutes ago, David Stein said:

No, no I had not. That fixed it. All the setup videos i watched and I somehow never committed that to memory.

Well, I thought it was going to be something dumb and it was. Thank you.

Not really your fault :) I think it is a bug introduced in the 6.10 rc1 release where that setting is disabled by default rather than enabled by default, and is going to be corrected for rc2.