Number of drives per license tier

I think I might just be over thinking this, but I have eight devices on a trial license right now: 5+1 that make up the parity array, and two that are configured for a cache pool. Would a Basic plan cover this as my array has only 6 devices in it, or do I need the Plus plan to cover the drives in the cache pool as well? I apologize if this has been asked, though I could not find a thread that clarifies this beyond the description on the pricing page.

• 3 months later...

Limetech could add some more info in describing the number of drives limits per license type.  Currently all it says is:

Attached storage devices refers to the total number of storage devices you are allowed to have attached to the server before Starting the array, not counting the USB Flash boot device. There are no other limitations in the software based on registration key type.

If you know what "attached to the server" means, and the significance of "before starting the array", then it is complete, but some extra words would have helped me.  From reading on the forum, I think the following is true.  I use the word "drives" to be the same as "storage devices":

1. "Attached to the server" means it includes parity drives, array drives, cache drives, and 'unassigned devices' drives. Am I missing anything?
  2. "Attached to the server before starting the array" means you can attach more drives after the array is started, and they will show up as "unassigned devices" and they will not count towards your drive limit.  This it very useful since SATA drives are usually hot-swapable, meaning they can be attached to the server while it is running.
  3. VM drives for the "Basic" and "Plus" licenses: I will leave for others to clarify.  

After Unraid starts, does it show somewhere the number of drives it counted?  

Edited by xrqp