Upgrading Aging Setup

I have a current unraid server.  I am looking to do the following:

1.  Consolidate equipment.  I have the following:

Esxi Server hosting Unraid and Homeseer.  Unraid is running 2 dockers Plex and channelsdvr

Blue Iris server hosting 6 1080p camers

I am looking upgrade to an I9 setup

Possibly a 10900K

My thought is to unvirtualize Unraid and host 2 vm's on Unraid.  Homeseer is not a demanding vm but Blue Iris is.

Current Unraid setup has 10 disks (with parity and cache).  The disks are attached to unraid using a SAS 9220-8i.  I am thinking of using igpu to assist plex in trancoding movies.  I currently have only 1080p movies but will end up in the 4k realm eventually.

I have purchased a case Fractal Design 804 which limits my choices of motherboards to microatx.  The SAS 9220-8i requires a pcie 8x slot.

I really appreciate suggestion towards CPU and MOBO that would fit my needs.

Thanks you in advance for taking time to help.

On 8/16/2021 at 2:39 AM, hunter69 said:

I am looking upgrade to an I9 setup - Possibly a 10900K

The i9 setup is a good choice - the 10th series of intel cpus needs more power at idle then the 9th gen and i am not sure, if it is already fully supported by unraid... So it depends...

Edited by Zonediver