How to remote access Unraid root user (via WebGUI) for administrating & support

Hi everyone,

I discovered Unraid a week ago while researching on how to build a DIY NAS for a non-profit org (located in Asia). I watched tons of YT videos on Unraid and already subscribed to few channels like SpaceInvader One. I have some IT and basic network knowledge but will not consider myself as professional.

In my use case, I'm planning to design the entire Unraid Server mainly for storage, remote root access, remote file access, scheduled local and cloud backups. I will travel to Asia to set everything up running. If I don't get proper person to train on the field to administrate the Unraid server, I will have to administer their Unraid server from my home (located in Europe).

After few days of watching different tutorials on how to secure the remote access, I'm a bit confused for which app I should use. I guess it is because new apps came on the market over the years and also that I may not have properly understood everything.

With Unraid 6.9.x or 6.10, which apps should I use to secure my remote connection to the Unraid WebGui? Assuming that i do not have DMZ turned on on my router, will working with "My Servers" app bring similar security levels than using Wireguard, or OpenVPN or Nginx Reverse Proxy App? For what purpose should we use those apps in combination for remote access? Am i correct to think that "my servers" app is dealing with the SSL certificate and not giving a private & protected connection via VPN? 

Will using "My Servers" app help me to securely and remotely access the Unraid server if I do not have the option to set a static IP address or neither open ports from the ISP router at home (in Europe)? If yes, I will call this situation A. In situation A, what sorts of operations would I NOT be able to do on/from the server?

Thank you all for you help!!

I think WireGuard will be the best secure option for maximum flexibility.    However I think it (and OpenVPN and My Servers)  will all require you to be able to open up an incoming port on the router which you say is not a possibility?   Not sure of other solutions that will not require this.