Keep getting locked out

Just now, Ford Prefect said:

...erhmmm....just came back after few days off....I left the laptop with the "your account has been locked..." message and closed the browser as well as the lid, so it went into hybernate.

Just now, upon my return, I opened the Laptop-lid, started the browser and went to the forums URL....I am in right away 🤪 ..,,,don't know what to make of that.

Strange. Please let us know if anything returns to situation FUBAR.

Glad it's working! Cheers

• Thanks 1

Just passing along info as I was plagued by this error message after changing my password today. Wouldn't let me back in on multiple browsers (firefox, chromium, edge). Cleared cache/cookies. Restarted PC. Tried 2FA, Tried alternative methods to 2FA. Nothing worked just kept locking me out for 10 more mins. Randomly somewhere in the middle Edge logged in, and when I logged out and back in to verify if it was indeed fixed then it stopped working all together again.

Left computer alone for ~1.5 hours and now without changing anything I can suddenly log in again. Really have no idea what was going on.

When it wasn't working, I would enter username/password as usual, sign in, have the 2FA popup come up, enter code, hit enter and then be bounced back to the forums page with address https://forums.unraid.net/login/?_fromLogin=1. However nothing would actually happen. It was as if it didn't even try to log in. Will provide feedback if it resolves or continues over coming days.

On 8/26/2021 at 5:27 PM, SpencerJ said:

Strange. Please let us know if anything returns to situation FUBAR.

Glad it's working! Cheers

...ok, now today, from another win10 desktop/ chrome, I was able to login (and set the checkbox to remember me on return).
After a couple hours, where i closed and reopened new tabs of the unraid forum in the same browser instance just fine, it now stopped working, and a login attempt resulted in greeting me with "your account has been locked..." message....again

Edit: also received an email, stating that 5 false attempts had been made (from my location), where I definitely did only one from this browser instance.
Maybe there's something wrong with your maths and false-positives?

Edit2: ...typing this from the laptop, from which I logged in a couple of days back...the "remember-me" cookie is still acknowledged on it (chrome, laptop has been rebooted since)....🤪

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Edited by Ford Prefect
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 5:33 PM, eschultz said:

Hey everyone, this issue with repeated lock outs should now be resolved, you should no longer have to manually delete any cookies.

I keep having this issue. I just tried the uncookie link and was able to re-login. I am not doing anything unique - just browsing to unraid forums from either my ipad or iphone and using 1password to fill in my login information…and getting locked out. Any idea what’s going on?