AZZA with 5x3

hobbie1009

I do have two of them already but thanks for the tip.  The box is outdoors so I liked having a fan blow directly down the drives.  I did some more digging and found a post where a guy had to use some C-clamps on the 910 to bend the metal fins out of the way in the 5.25 bays.  For the price vs a antec 900 I'll put a little elbow grease into it.

I just did some measuring with my AZZA case. The stock cage measures 5.75" in height opposed to my CoolerMaster Cages that measure 5" in height.

The overall opening of my CoolerMaster 590 and the AZZA both measure 15". So as long as you can make whatever you want fit within 15" you are good to go. Well I'd say its a hair or so over 15", but if it fit in the CoolerMaster 590 it should fit the AZZA case.

It's like the CM590 again, a really good case, crippled by those stupid 5.25 dividers!

I think Lian Li are few of the only case manufactures that build cases without the dividers, allowing the 5-3 disk caddy's to be installed.

I do have two of them already but thanks for the tip.  The box is outdoors so I liked having a fan blow directly down the drives.  I did some more digging and found a post where a guy had to use some C-clamps on the 910 to bend the metal fins out of the way in the 5.25 bays.  For the price vs a antec 900 I'll put a little elbow grease into it.

The Norco bays fit perfectly. You will have to shave a couple of plastic bits from the front panel and bend the drive bay tabs, but nothing major.

I think it looks quite nice!

after reading OP, I realize that you were asking about the supermicro... oh well, just an excuse to show off my new build :)

5568575568_406edd23f4_m.jpg.29e6bf27397cd54540357ea1124bfe28.jpg