Copying from one cache pool to another share with a different cache pool - bypassing cache

Kind of confusing, but I'm having an issue where I try to copy a file from a share A that is set to only use cache pool A, to share B that uses cache pool B, but mover moves files to the array.

Cache A is RAID5 NVME SSDs and Cache B is RAID1 NVME SSDs. When I use Windows (so, SMB) to copy from share A to share B, the copy writes directly to the array disks, which are HDDs, thus making the copy process MUCH slower.

Is this expected behavior? I originally was using Share A via unassigned devices and I wrote to the cache of share B but wanted to be able to control it natively.

Edited by joshbgosh10592
Corrected second sentence to say Cache A/B instead of Share A/B.
19 hours ago, trurl said:

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.

Thank you! Here it is. So this isn't expected behavior then?

16 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Currently the mover doesn't move data from pool to pool, only pool to array or array to pool.

I know, this is me manually moving files from one share (cache only) to another share (cache enabled, using a different cache pool than original.) Thank you though

nas-diagnostics-20210819-1917.zip

I'd rather be slightly generic publicly on the share names (unless my explanation below doesn't make sense and it's just too confusing).

Share A is named "T------s" in the configs (short term), and Share B is "M----s" (long term).

When I'm done working the files in the short term share (Share A), I copy them to the long term (Share B). This is to prevent the spinning disks in Share B from constantly being awake (and bogged down by the work being performed.

Yup, that's exactly what happened. Inside the share settings, it shows what I want, but in the share overview, it shows the old share name (You can see where the new share (Share A) I created shows "Array_cache". I toggle it to another cache pool and back, and now I'm writing to the cache correctly (well, for some reason it's moving the files in and back out through the VM instead of just moving it within the NAS. Previously, I was able to move at around 200MB/s while putting no strain on the VM NIC (something like NFS Offload). I'm assuming that's just how I have the shares mapped in the VM?)
Thank you!!
514859928_ScreenShot2021-08-19at11_30_01PM.thumb.png.92634a9ed40af7e42972f1560053e653.png