Unraid will boot up 1 out of 3 times

I've been having issues booting with unraid.  Sometimes it boots up with no issues.  Most of the time it sits at the "hit del or f2" screen and nothing happens.  I thought someone was going to ask me if I did a memtest.  So I powered up pc, saw the unraid menu (yeahh!!) selected memtest.  PC shutdown, rebooted and I didn't even get the "hit del or F2" just a blank screen.

I've been dealing with this for 6 months and thought it was an issue with the power supply having a very low 3.3v output.  So I installed a brand new high end PSU.  Checked the bios voltages for 3.3v and it was fixed.  Alas, I'm still have the boot issue. 😞

Does this sound like an issue with the usb thumb drive?  I use the Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 16GB USB 2.0 DTSE9H/16GBZ thumb drive.

I've changed from using a usb 3.0 to usb 2.0, changed from uefi boot to non uefi boot.  I've gone from 2 stick of patriot G2 memory to 1 stick.  Left the voltage at default for mem and bumped it up to 1.5v for xmp.  I even popped in a 4gb ddr 3 non brand stick to see if both my memory sticks are the issue and still get the 1 out of 4 successful boots.

To save everyone the time to look at my profile, I'm using this mb m5a99fx pro R2.0, AMI bios 2501. CPU AMD FX 8350

Edited by tr3bjockey
added motherboard specs and cpu

That isn't the complete Diagnostics ZIP file.

Diagnostics is downloaded as a single ZIP file. You should post that single ZIP file exactly as it was downloaded.

If it looks to you as if there are a bunch of separate files and folders, it is because your browser is configured to automatically open zip files.

There is only a single ZIP file, saved wherever your browser saves its downloads.

Attach that single ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...