Cant see my share folder after update to 6.10.1 rc1

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Those diagnostics show that the docker image is empty.  Apps - Previous Apps, check off whatever you want and hit install.

That was append after the upgrade, but when I downgrade the docker appear again.
I fund a different pointing mount, when you upgrade the old mnt point disappear from the drive.

According to your diagnostics it looks like your ‘system’ share has files on disk1 and cache.   It is worth checking that is what files are there.   If you previously had your docker.img file in that location, and your change has resulted in a new empty one being created on cache that could explain your symptoms.

On 8/23/2021 at 5:18 PM, itimpi said:

According to your diagnostics it looks like your ‘system’ share has files on disk1 and cache.   It is worth checking that is what files are there.   If you previously had your docker.img file in that location, and your change has resulted in a new empty one being created on cache that could explain your symptoms.

thanks I will check on disk1, I hope I will found everything on it

On 8/23/2021 at 5:18 PM, itimpi said:

I forgot on beginner the upgrade the service docker an VM wasn't running before the system did not find the right path.

• 2 months later...

I've ran into this same problem multiple times as well. Now that I'm on a new system, I'm certain it's not the hardware that's at fault.

image.thumb.png.1a6215bc5290c1eaff56d0504cb65d15.png

I think I've narrowed it down, I've wiped and re-installed my flashdrive back to 6.9.3. I've rebuilt all my docker containers (I also use the vm/docker folders plugin) when on 6.9.3. Then, I upgrade (causing shares's settings to disable). I then re-enable the shares. All shares, disks and folders go missing.

Trying from a fresh install using the windows flash creation/installation tool, I install 6.10.0-rc1. This time, enabling the shares appears to work. Next, the docker container's show they are errored, and that the images are missing. I delete and re-download them. Once completed, after a short time, my shares appear to go missing... I'm also running parity re-build in the background since it's a new OS, and I happened to add two drives.

Once the parity build starts, it doesn't appear to like being paused. Logging also has stopped working through the web-ui since the disappearance of the shares. I can spin disks up, (the 1 and 2TB disks spun down, since party is still going, but not read from them.) But once spun up, they appear to not want to spin down manually again. I have to wait for my disk settings' 45 minute timer to kick off the spin down.

On the first few attempts at a fresh install, after editing networking and other settings, I managed to get to a state where the web-ui was completely unresponsive, booting locally to the gui was also not working as I continued to get the plagued blinking cursor. I ran a tcpdump and saw my connections coming into the system, but the system did not respond to the web-ui requests. Also attempted multiple browsers. It appeared as if a core service of the web-browser was failing to start on startup. This last go around, the web-ui is sluggish, but working... The only thing I hadn't changed this last time compared to the first few attempts, was any networking settings (from the initial install to the flashdrive) as well as the identification settings. Same with management access (other than enabling ssh). Changing those before ended up leading to no web-ui.

I'm not sure why this version seems to have issues when it comes to the web-ui, but there are too many things "fixed" from the previous versions, that I don't want to go back.
For instance, even with "nomodeset", my ASPEED VGA adapter from the BMC's IPMI appears to be working now when booting UEFI (other than when the web-ui becomes completely unresponsive.)

PS: Also, I'm only working in UEFI booting mode, as is required on this system to get all NVMe's and Sata drives to show up. Maybe a limitation of the bios, working with Asus to resolve those related issues.

Here is the diagnostics.

IDK what else I'm missing, not really sure of a lot of things when it comes to the software side of it. If anyone has any suggestions or questions, please let me know.

Edit: I just realized my "user" folder has gone missing... what could cause this?

cryzen-diagnostics-20211025-1004.zip

image.png.a462548ff6966eb8423161a7c9f4e738.png
image.png.758260a43f946c6d8459fecb0e2e5764.png
So, I'm guessing something happened to bzmodules or something? and the user mount is unknown now? IDK, I'm too n00b to figure anything else out, I'll wait for a senior.

Edited by RifleJock
additions made.