[Support] Audiobookshelf

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AndreasLindroth said:

Hello, Quick question: 

Is there a way to reset the root password when you do not know it via CLI or so?

My password manager overwrote my generated password when i created a new account so now i don't know the root password anymore..

Im still able to log in to it via auto sign-in from one of my computers so i've made an other Admin account, but would still like to recover the root password.

Best regards

Currently the only way to do this is to open up the JSON file containing the root user and manually change the password.
The JSON files are located in /config/users/data and then you need to find the data.json file that has a JSON object id root.

These are not actually valid JSON files because each line will have a JSON object for each user, so don't edit these files in anything that will auto-format on save.

Once you find the root user object the attribute after id and username is "pash". Update the value of pash to empty quotes "".

Make sure you have turned down the server for this and do a backup of that data file you are updating so if something weird happens you can just copy in the old one and try again.

image.thumb.png.8fdf666dd92b291de6fae7de4a5d7b13.png

Edited by advplyr
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, advplyr said:

Currently the only way to do this is to open up the JSON file containing the root user and manually change the password.
The JSON files are located in /config/users/data and then you need to find the data.json file that has a JSON object id root.

These are not actually valid JSON files because each line will have a JSON object for each user, so don't edit these files in anything that will auto-format on save.

Once you find the root user object the attribute after id and username is "pash". Update the value of pash to empty quotes "".

Make sure you have turned down the server for this and do a backup of that data file you are updating so if something weird happens you can just copy in the old one and try again.

image.thumb.png.8fdf666dd92b291de6fae7de4a5d7b13.png

Thanks, Worked like a charm!

• advplyr changed the title to [Support] Audiobookshelf