Anyone Added an SSD to HPE Proliant Gen10+?

bryanzs

I'm purchasing an HPE Proliant Gen10+ to replace my aging (and possibly dying) server. I've committed to the small form factor, but the drawback is only 4 internal bays.  While I'm only using 4 drives in my array right now, I also have an SSD cache, and in the new proliant, there's no room for the SSD cache drive...unless I use the single PCIe slot.

Has anyone done that - added an SSD on the PCIe of the proliant gen10+?  Any success, failure, trials, or tribulations you can share?  (Or, indeed, anything about the gen10+ you can share in general would also be appreciated)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I have a g10+. I'm currently reducing size of my media collection to attempt to consolidate onto 2 data disks with 1 parity disks. This will leave 1 of the 4 drive bays open for an SSD cache. My PCIe slot will be occupied by an Nvidia P400 GPU for plex and tdarr. I love the small form factor and build quality of the g10+ even though it limits drive expansion. With 16TB and 18TB drives out now, this is less of an issue.