[Support] DiscordGSM

18 hours ago, Cornflake said:

Hey,

So your valheim server seems to works now. That’s good to know, what was your issue now?

If gamedigquery doesn’t list your game it will basically not work you have to use one of the other Query types: sourcequery , ut3query or fake

https://github.com/DiscordGSM/DiscordGSM/wiki/SourceQuery

https://github.com/DiscordGSM/DiscordGSM/wiki/UT3Query

i don’t know what query type Terria is using, but you could try if one of it works 

basically you don’t need gamedigquery at all, as an example I used sourcequery for all my GameServers a while ago and it worked the same. 

you just need to look what query port you game uses and what Protocol. And don’t forget to forward the UDP port. 

The problem with the Valheim server turned out to be a combination of a wrongly placed "," and no write permissions in Discord. 

The Terraria server has the game port (7777) forwarded with both the TCP and UDP protocols. This is what I can see in the Terraria config;

image.thumb.png.712a39651ec77e4846cd34ea2d76d4b2.png

How can I see what the correct query type and port is? I tried setting the server.json to use the sourcequery, but that did not help. 

2 hours ago, workermaster said:

The problem with the Valheim server turned out to be a combination of a wrongly placed "," and no write permissions in Discord. 

The Terraria server has the game port (7777) forwarded with both the TCP and UDP protocols. This is what I can see in the Terraria config;

image.thumb.png.712a39651ec77e4846cd34ea2d76d4b2.png

How can I see what the correct query type and port is? I tried setting the server.json to use the sourcequery, but that did not help. 

I really dont know, the only thing is you can google it up what type it uses.

most gameservers uses the sourcequery, games like minecraft uses ut3query

so if you port forward the UDP port on your router be sure that the port is getting forwarded to your container aswell.

looks like in the picture that its only forwarding TCP if you trust the description

39 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

I really dont know, the only thing is you can google it up what type it uses.

most gameservers uses the sourcequery, games like minecraft uses ut3query

so if you port forward the UDP port on your router be sure that the port is getting forwarded to your container aswell.

looks like in the picture that its only forwarding TCP if you trust the description

I went on the Discord community of that bot and they told me that the bot will only display server information if the game supports a few different query types. Turnes out that Terraria (and Satisfactory and Wreckfest) are just not supported. 

They said that I can change the query type to "fake" in the servers.json and that managed to sort of fix it;

image.png.0ff9f040da5b2eaf61a1434483dacacc.png

The downside of the "fake" query is that the online/offline status are not always up to date and it can't display much more than that. But this is enough for me. 

Guess that the bot itself is rather limited in what servers it supports. Sure, Gamedigquery has a long list of supported servers, but there are plenty more that are not supported (yet) 

image.png

2022-03-21 13:38:28: 1 servers queried.
2022-03-21 13:38:28: Discord presence updated | 1 game servers
2022-03-21 13:38:28: ERROR: Failed to fetch message for server: Valheim Server. 
400 Bad Request (error code: 50035): Invalid Form Body
In message_id: Value "[int][optional][autofill] id of the message to update." is not snowflake.
2022-03-21 13:38:30: 
 1 error(s) in update_messages().
2022-03-21 13:38:32: 0 messages updated.
2022-03-21 13:39:28: 1 servers queried.
2022-03-21 13:39:28: ERROR: update_messages error threshold(0) reached. Reposting messages.
2022-03-21 13:39:30: ERROR: Failed to send message for server: Valheim Server. Missing permissions ?
In embed.thumbnail.url: Scheme "[string][optional] url of the thumbnail image url https" is not supported. Scheme must be one of ('http', 'https').
2022-03-21 13:39:32: 0 messages reposted.
2022-03-21 13:39:32: 0 messages updated.

This is what i get.. i think i dont see the failure right now xD

i gave my bot all the posting permissions in discord and in the discord Bot setup link, i tryed even the 8 for Admin rights.

nvm i found i, it wants a legit Picture file or atleast delete the picture command.

Edited by domrockt
1 hour ago, domrockt said:

2022-03-21 13:38:28: 1 servers queried.
2022-03-21 13:38:28: Discord presence updated | 1 game servers
2022-03-21 13:38:28: ERROR: Failed to fetch message for server: Valheim Server. 
In message_id: Value "[int][optional][autofill] id of the message to update." is not snowflake.
2022-03-21 13:38:30: 
 1 error(s) in update_messages().
2022-03-21 13:38:32: 0 messages updated.
2022-03-21 13:39:28: 1 servers queried.
2022-03-21 13:39:28: ERROR: update_messages error threshold(0) reached. Reposting messages.
2022-03-21 13:39:30: ERROR: Failed to send message for server: Valheim Server. Missing permissions ?
In embed.thumbnail.url: Scheme "[string][optional] url of the thumbnail image url https" is not supported. Scheme must be one of ('http', 'https').
2022-03-21 13:39:32: 0 messages reposted.
2022-03-21 13:39:32: 0 messages updated.

This is what i get.. i think i dont see the failure right now xD

i gave my bot all the posting permissions in discord and in the discord Bot setup link, i tryed even the 8 for Admin rights.

Hey, your servers.json has wrong entities 

don’t just use the example file, delete those rows you don’t need or don’t use. Then it will work fine 

if you can’t find the error you can post your file here and I will take a look at it 

Edited by Cornflake
9 hours ago, Cornflake said:

Hey, your servers.json has wrong entities 

don’t just use the example file, delete those rows you don’t need or don’t use. Then it will work fine 

if you can’t find the error you can post your file here and I will take a look at it 

I get the hang on it, you are absolutly right, thank you for confirming my thoughts. i had to many not working rows for Valheim, now it works just fine. A fun and nice Docker, we dont need to Pin any server datas like Morons anymore. We are Bot upper Class citiziens now.

Edited by domrockt
  • Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...

Hello there,

I've been trying to install this docker image, but it seems like whenever I'm starting the docker image, the log will throw an error and will then crash.

This is the error message

Discord-GameServerMonitor: Could not download icon https://discordgsm.com/icon/discordgsm-public.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by senpau
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a weird error when I try to start the bot. I'm trying to connect to a nitrado Ark server.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/dgsm-docker/bot.py", line 29, in <module>
    clientid = base64.b64decode(segs[0]).decode()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/base64.py", line 87, in b64decode
    return binascii.a2b_base64(s)
binascii.Error: Incorrect padding
Server Config found!
Settings Config found!

Here is my json file too. Any help would be appreciated.

servers.json

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

I used the DiscordGSM in the past and needed to set it up again. I saw that there now is a new version. I used this version before: 

image.png.7e05e4a7f66f770158c1fc991f2acdbe.png

And now want to try the new version:

image.thumb.png.d0caed0e131a7acedf86b23738c67172.png

I installed the new bot, added the 2 requested Id's and got the bot connected to the Discord server. I then looked in the botfolder to see how I should add the gameservers. There were no files in there that I could edit. There was only a logfolder. I tried adding the ENV and CONFIG file from the classic bot but the new bot didn't seem to use them. 

How do we setup the new bot? The SQL database file has a lot of "NULL" in it and I am not sure how to edit that one.

Edited by workermaster
15 minutes ago, workermaster said:

Hi, 

I used the DiscordGSM in the past and needed to set it up again. I saw that there now is a new version. I used this version before: 

image.png.7e05e4a7f66f770158c1fc991f2acdbe.png

And now want to try the new version:

image.thumb.png.d0caed0e131a7acedf86b23738c67172.png

I installed the new bot, added the 2 requested Id's and got the bot connected to the Discord server. I then looked in the botfolder to see how I should add the gameservers. There were no files in there that I could edit. There was only a logfolder. I tried adding the ENV and CONFIG file from the classic bot but the new bot didn't seem to use them. 

How do we setup the new bot? The SQL database file has a lot of "NULL" in it and I am not sure how to edit that one.

With the new version the way how you add servers has changed.

You should read the documentation, it’s pretty simple.

https://discordgsm.com/guide/commands

You add server in discord directly via chat commands

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Divinity Admin said:

How do you use gamedig query on the new version.

Would like to pull more data than the current config of /addserver or /queryserver gives. Like to see what player are online.

yeah, to my Knowledge you can't. this is the reason why i decided to keep the "classic" version still available in the Community store. In my opinion there are many features and customization options missing in the new version

On 11/29/2022 at 6:57 PM, Cornflake said:

With the new version the way how you add servers has changed.

You should read the documentation, it’s pretty simple.

https://discordgsm.com/guide/commands

You add server in discord directly via chat commands

So I tried the new one, but didn't like it as much. I liked the classic one more because it was easier for me to manage everything. I removed the new one, and tried getting the classic monitor to work on my new Discord server. 

I did all the steps needed, and the bot is connected to my server. But when I start the container in Unraid, I get this error:

image.png.14f9c8a525c1ec7e5c9b8c84c3dc8434.png

I do not know how to debug this. Could you help me figure this out?

18 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

Could only be a misconfiguration in the config file

I did take another look at the config files, but can't find any problem. I made sure to look at any comma's as well, and that the tokens were correct. 

Here are screenshots of the config files (with sensitive information deleted from them)

image.thumb.png.4055fe380fc9f43c10e00d5ee602dbe6.png

image.thumb.png.c91930acbfe825da2a8e971b1534b08c.png

1 minute ago, Cornflake said:

i hope this is not your actually discord token. if so, change it immediately.

i tested the classic versions. i think your discord bot id could be incorret. not sure

It is part of the full bot token. The full token is much longer. I just removed the middle part for the screenshot. 

I have created new tokens multiple times and copied them into the .env file. I still get the error. I have removed the bot, and all files from my Unraid server, then installed the classic container again, did all the installation steps again, and started the bot. No error, and it told me that it created the .enf and configuration files. I only added the bot token to the .env file, and started it again, but got the padding error again. 

I don't know where to look, since the bot token is the same in the file and in the Discord development console. 

Could this be because I updated my system to Unraid 6.11.2 a while back, and then downgraded back to 6.9?

31 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

i dont think so that this is the reason.

the error message says that there is a format issue with (probably) your token. 

Would it be possible for me to send you the .env file with full token so you can see if there is a problem in there? As long as I immediately change the actual token in the Discord development console, it should be safe right? That way you have the token I am trying now, but not the new one. 

Edited by workermaster
45 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

i dont think that this would make a difference. you could try creating a completly new bot and with a new token.

I have tried making a new bot and new token a couple of times, but still get the same error. I've attached the unedited .env file here (and changed the bot token after sharing so nobody can abuse it) .env

The new gameserver monitor that you made does work (at least a few days ago when I tried it), but I was missing a few options for adding text, that's why I wanted to try the classic version again. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2022 at 3:21 PM, Cornflake said:

i really dont know whats the issue, i do not develop this programm. i made no changes to this image since at least 7 month. so i am not really sure.

I am also getting binascii error when trying to start the classic version. I found the following issue and potential fix on discordgsm's github:

https://github.com/DiscordGSM/DiscordGSM/issues/30

Is this something you'd be able to update in the app template in the unraid community app store?