Best 6 port SATA controller for UNRAID?

6 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Where are you seeing that? ASM1166 supports 6 SATA ports, no reason to have an additional port multiplier unless the controller has more than 6 ports.

I could be misunderstanding but going off of what @JonathanM indicated, the description has this:

Chip: ASMedia ASM1166 PCIE X 1 TO SATA 3.0 PCIe X1 to 6 SATA 3.0 ports controller card offers a simple connection between a host computer and SATA 3.0 devices (SATA hard drive or SATA device), which allows 6 SATA devices at the speed up to 6Gb/s. Features Serial SATA 3.0, compatible with SATA 2.0 and SATA 1.0 PCI-Express V 2.0, compatible with PCI-Express V 1.0 Support speed of 6.0G bps, 3.0G bps, and 1.5G bps Compatible with SATA 6G, 3G and 1.5G Hard Drives Support Gen 1i, Gen 1x, Gen 2i, Gen 2m, Gen 2x, and Gen 3i Support 4 SATA 3.0 6Gbps devices Support IDE/AHCI 1.0 mode Support Native Command Queue (NCQ) Port Multiplier FIS-based and Command-based switching supported Support Hot Plug and Hot Swap PCI-Express X1, can be used on PCIe X2 X4 X8 X16 slots Support Windows XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8/10(32/64 bit)/Linux
Package includes: 1 X PCIe X1 to 6 SATA 3.0 ports controller card 1 X Drivers CD 1x low profile bracket

Edited by Econaut
48 minutes ago, Econaut said:

Support Native Command Queue (NCQ) Port Multiplier FIS-based and Command-based switching

This just means it supports port multipliers, they can be external.

43 minutes ago, Econaut said:

(JMB575+ASM1062 Chipset)

This one includes a port multiplier and should not be used.

17 minutes ago, Econaut said:

So to be clear this one will be fine?

Should be.

18 minutes ago, Econaut said:

Does it matter that it's labeled as a miner card?

No.

18 minutes ago, Econaut said:

Is the max hard drive size it support 10T or 12T (rather ambiguous there)

It will support any current size available now and in the near feature.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Also note that that one is PCIe x1, they also exist with PCIe x2, x1 can be a bottleneck with 6 disks.

Jeeze, this stuff is so finicky. I wanted the x1 so I wouldn't have to use one of the three PCIe x16 slots but how much is x1 going to bottleneck?

I would just be using standard 5400 or 7200RPM spinning disk drives.

• Econaut changed the title to Best 6 port SATA controller for UNRAID?