Share using specific drive - question

2 hours ago, trurl said:

There are several user share settings Unraid considers when choosing a disk to write for the user share.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.

I haven't done it yet. I wanted to get some more info before... screwing it up.  hahaha Thanks. 

7 hours ago, cbr600ds2 said:

Any thoughts on moving data within the array to a different disk?  Krusader would work or use unbalance to move....

You can use either Krusader, Unbalance or Midnight Commander (mc in the console).

With Krusader and MC, be aware to always move file disk to disk or share to share and never mix the two or you might loose data.

Unbalance is safer for this.

Personally I'd use Unbalance as it can move at once all files from any directory that are on several drives. Less operations for the user.

19 hours ago, cbr600ds2 said:

I haven't done it yet. I wanted to get some more info before... screwing it up.  hahaha Thanks. 

That is in response to my request for Diagnostics?

Giving us Diagnostics is going to be the best way to get more info, since it will give us a better idea about your configuration and how it relates to your question.

4 hours ago, trurl said:

That is in response to my request for Diagnostics?

Giving us Diagnostics is going to be the best way to get more info, since it will give us a better idea about your configuration and how it relates to your question.

Yeah - I have a downloads share and it's the only share with access to actual disk number 18.   All of the shares have disk 18 as excluded.   The downloads share included disk is 18. It's filling up so I'm trying to figure out how to be able to increase the actual usage.  *shrug*