Sound Problem

furymaster

Hi there,

I have a problem regarding sound on my new PC, and I hope someone more hardware-oriented can help me solve this one.

I have a new motherboard (ASUS M4A89GTD PRO http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131633&cm_re=ASUS_M4A89GTD_PRO-_-13-131-633-_-Product) and a quite old but good TV card. The card works perfectly - regarding video, but not sound. It has an old-style 4-pin sound connector (the one old optical drives have) - but I haven't found any connector on the motherboard to plug that audio cable in.

As this is my wifes PC and she likes to watch television in her office - can someone help me out of this misery of having "no-sound-telly"?

I suppose I have to use some kind of adapter to plug this in the "Line-In" jack?

Thanks for helping me out of this one!

HI,

i have a similar card and he is connected with a 2 males mini jack cable between the tvcard and my MIC entrance of the motherboard

if it is the same card as on the picture then under the coax connector there is a little hole where a male mini jack fits into ...

so you only need to search for a 2 sided stereo male mini jack cable

HI,

i have a similar card and he is connected with a 2 males mini jack cable between the tvcard and my MIC entrance of the motherboard

if it is the same card as on the picture then under the coax connector there is a little hole where a male mini jack fits into ...

so you only need to search for a 2 sided stereo male mini jack cable

Yes, there is a 3.5 mm jack, but there the remote infrared is plugged in. There is no "audio out" - it is the "xp" card, not the deluxe edition, which has those connectors...

Does anybody know how those 4 internal pins are layouted? I could solder a cable from those 4 pins to the line in connector on the back of the board... ugly, but working ;-)