Pterodactyl Panel Install & Configure on Unraid using DOCKER (2021)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Sycotix, 

Thanks for bringing this template to the community! However there's one slight issue with the panel version. The way that https://github.com/ccarney16/pterodactyl-containers has set up the container is that there needs to be an additional sidecar container that manages the crontab for pterodactyl. Unfortunately your template only triggers the start of the panel, there needs to be also another container that triggers the command:

p:cron

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 5:51 PM, Maelstromeous said:

Hi @Sycotix, 

Thanks for bringing this template to the community! However there's one slight issue with the panel version. The way that https://github.com/ccarney16/pterodactyl-containers has set up the container is that there needs to be an additional sidecar container that manages the crontab for pterodactyl. Unfortunately your template only triggers the start of the panel, there needs to be also another container that triggers the command:

Hi @Maelstromeous,

I’m having the problem you speak here.

i can’t start schedules on my pterodactyl server because there is no cron trigger.

i can trigger manually à schedules via the panel and it works great ! But not automaticly with cron.

do you know a way to restore that function ? To make Schedules work with this template of pterodactyl ? 

thank you a lot !

Edited by FantasyNoobs
  • 1 month later...
On 11/24/2021 at 5:51 PM, Maelstromeous said:

Hi @Sycotix, 

yep 

problem with emails still there.

test email is ok - but receive passwords / reset passwords didnt send.

etc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gday good sir,

I have recently started experimenting / using pterodactyl (as a whole) on unraid docker using this video guide.

Almost everything works. Can import eggs, can install servers and the likes. (cant set up passwords for the servers, but i know thats egg related and can always do that after the fact using the file manager).

However, there is 1 specific egg i can't seem to get working, which is Satisfactory. I've used eggs from several sources, and they all have the same issue. The package simply won't install (other games and service so far work just fine). 

I've tried getting help on github (here) from one of the egg suppliers, but others in their community state it works fine, so i'm geussing it is related specifically to the unraid way.

However, this is also where it gets interesting trying to troubleshoot the issue. I cannot find where logs are stored, not from the deamon, the game installs themselves nor the panel.

i'm supposed to run this command on the daemon: tail -n 100 $(ls -Alrt /var/log/pterodactyl/install/*.log | tail -1 | sed 's/ */ /g' | cut -s -d' ' -f9) | nc pteropaste.com 99

Opening the console from the unraid docker tab i can paste this in and hit enter, but nothing seems to happen and i'm clueless as where to begin.

Can you please assist?

Also, where can i find the version number of the wings daemon that is installed?

Edited by Caennanu
  • 2 weeks later...

So, since i'm still hoping for a response. I will add another issue i'm experiencing.

I'm not using a proxy, and don't want to either. So instead using the ip option without SSL.

But, when friends connect to the panel, they can do everything BUT see the console of whatever server they're viewing.

They can use all other functionality but that part.

I've set portfowarding for both the deamon (wings) and the panel docker. The game server itsself is accesible from outside.

Can any1 tell me why the console is not visible?

On 4/15/2022 at 12:59 PM, Caennanu said:

So, since i'm still hoping for a response. I will add another issue i'm experiencing.

I'm not using a proxy, and don't want to either. So instead using the ip option without SSL.

But, when friends connect to the panel, they can do everything BUT see the console of whatever server they're viewing.

They can use all other functionality but that part.

I've set portfowarding for both the deamon (wings) and the panel docker. The game server itsself is accesible from outside.

Can any1 tell me why the console is not visible?

I never got the proxy config and the config.yml file to work only managed to proxy the panel so I never used it

did you follow IBRACORP guide on youtube?

On 4/17/2022 at 8:48 PM, [email protected] said:

I never got the proxy config and the config.yml file to work only managed to proxy the panel so I never used it

did you follow IBRACORP guide on youtube?

I followed the Ibracorp guide mostly yes. i obviously skipped the proxy part, but the ip part wasn't explained in detail.

And in contrary to what i mentioned earlier. The other parts of the panel are all visible, but external users can't actually interact with them. they can't even start / stop the servers from the panel. I'm geussing it has to do with the websocket that closes to quickly, but as i can't really relate to the proxy setups, i'm having some difficulties figuring this out. 

5 hours ago, Caennanu said:

I followed the Ibracorp guide mostly yes. i obviously skipped the proxy part, but the ip part wasn't explained in detail.

And in contrary to what i mentioned earlier. The other parts of the panel are all visible, but external users can't actually interact with them. they can't even start / stop the servers from the panel. I'm geussing it has to do with the websocket that closes to quickly, but as i can't really relate to the proxy setups, i'm having some difficulties figuring this out. 

I got it working at last. they should redo the video, they miss a lot. like half the config.yml , the text version is more accurate. https://docs.ibracorp.io/pterodactyl-docker-1/  I tested  it with swag so i made my own proxy config. not sure if its secure or perfect.  I'm not using pterodactyl now but I plan in the future when i get a better connection. I only tested to make a rust server and log in to it and that worked but i forgot to define the rcon port so ill have to do it again some day,  its just for testing for now.

5 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I got it working at last. they should redo the video, they miss a lot. like half the config.yml , the text version is more accurate. https://docs.ibracorp.io/pterodactyl-docker-1/  I tested  it with swag so i made my own proxy config. not sure if its secure or perfect.  I'm not using pterodactyl now but I plan in the future when i get a better connection. I only tested to make a rust server and log in to it and that worked but i forgot to define the rcon port so ill have to do it again some day,  its just for testing for now.

We will revisit it. The reason the docs are more accurate is it's much easier for us to update than a video. But thanks for the feedback

1 hour ago, Sycotix said:

We will revisit it. The reason the docs are more accurate is it's much easier for us to update than a video. But thanks for the feedback

Nice, I love your videos. could you update the text guide with a template for swag too please? not sure if mine is 100% correct or secure. I think I read some place that you shouldn't proxy the node thru Cloudflare but you did in the video. I'm still a little confused about that part. looking forward to pterodactyl video 2.0 and the time I have upload-speeds to use it.

12 hours ago, Sycotix said:

awesome. And ofcourse that makes sence. You can't just hit backspace or add additional text in a video.

Would it be possible to add a section in the documentation specifically aimed at remote acces to the panel? Since the reverse proxy part doesn't talk about access to the panel via direct ip?

18 hours ago, [email protected] said:

ill look thru the documentation, thanks for the suggestion. I think i read most of it, but maybe there's been updates since

Edited by Caennanu
  • 5 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 10:47 AM, [email protected] said:

I am trying this and am stumped on how to setup the subdomain.conf filesfor swag.

Would it be possible for you to share your conf file? I understand it's rough.

Edit, figured it out to get it working through subdomain...:

#ptero
server {
	listen 80;
	server_name panel.XXXXX.XXX;
	return 301 https://panel.XXXXX.XXX$request_uri;
	}
server {
	listen 443 ssl http2;
	server_name  panel.XXXXX.XXX;
	location / {
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
		proxy_pass http://XX.X.X.X:8001;
		} 
	}

Edit2,

I am am now having an issue getting node.XXX.XXX to be found I believe, when I run the daemon I am getting a CORS error. "CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing) 502"

Edited by beep
  • 2 weeks later...

Gday all,

Since this week (i'm asuming, as i don't use the panel too often), i can't acces the panel.

My game servers were running, but after a docker reboot, they nolonger get started automatically.

When trying to access the panel, i'm getting server 500 error.

When checking the logs on the wings, everything seems fine (version 1.6.3)

Checking the panel logs, i keep getting a GET error

GET /api/remote/servers?page=0&per_page=50 HTTP/1.1" status:"500" agent:"Pterodactyl Wings/v1.6.3 (id:8QLdUeRoKVxDnsFk)" for:"-"

Comming from source 172.18.0.1, which would be the custom internal network. So i'm geussing that is Wings requesting server instance configs.

Google doesn't give me any answers, let alone recently.

I was on Unraid V6.10.0 RC8, upgraded to V6.10.2 RC1, no issues that i know.

Went to V6.10.2 RC2, and now noticed issues.

Wings was updated 4 days ago, don't know when panel was updated last. i tried re-installing Both wings and panel without result.

Would love some help in getting the panel back up, as i wanted to set up some new servers.

-----

Edit: appearantly the panel docker was updated today. Reverting to v1.7.0 worked

Edited by Caennanu

I was looking for a way to get Space Engineers running on Unraid, and saw that this should be possible with Pterodactyl. I followed this video: 

and managed to install the database and other containers. I am now stuck at the point where I need to connect to my node. Instead of the green heart in the video, I get the red one and a message in the browser console that it can't connect. I have tried multiple different ports in the config.yml file, but do not know what it wrong. 

Could anyone please help me troubleshoot what went wrong and why I can't connect to the node? Please let me know what files/configurations you need a screenshot of. 

Question... I am new to pterodactyl and I realize it will create these bogus looking images that we just need to leave alone... but why does it say apply update to each one? I wouldn't want to do that correct? My panel and daemon containers are up to date. Thanks

image.png.ca1e025834ebd7b5637e1e85f00597e3.png