'chmod -0777 -R' is running on my entire backup share? Mover takes 9+ hours?

gowg

Just happened to see this in htop. Should I be concerned?? lol

Also: My mover is running, and taking a lot longer than it usually does. like it usually finishes within an hour or two but it's been almost 5 hours now. Also I'm seeing 20% cpu usage on a 12-core 5900x. no VMs or dockers running.

edit: ok the cpu usage is 'CA appdata backup'. I wonder if it's also running that command

Edited by gowg

Good question, I have never fiddled with that tool, no. Could it be something related to the mover? The mover has been extremely slow lately. It's been running for 9 hours with only ~100GB filled before it started. Also the cache pool is two RAID1 1TB nvme drives. I enabled logging, should I put the syslog here? I'm not sure if it's sanitized, didn't see an option for it?

• gowg changed the title to 'chmod -0777 -R' is running on my entire backup share? Mover takes 9+ hours?
14 minutes ago, gowg said:

Good question, I have never fiddled with that tool, no. Could it be something related to the mover? The mover has been extremely slow lately. It's been running for 9 hours with only ~100GB filled before it started. Also the cache pool is two RAID1 1TB nvme drives. I enabled logging, should I put the syslog here? I'm not sure if it's sanitized, didn't see an option for it?

Go to   Tools    >>>>    Diagnostics     that will provide a 'sanitized' snapshot of your entire server. 

• Like 1

Ahhh, I forgot that I had another cache pool for my /backups share. And I think CA appdata backup, urbackup and the mover are all running at once. I'm going to change the schedule and then I'll report back with my findings.

edit: and my windows VM was doing a defrag on a 4gb VDISK, hahaha. disabled that.

edit2: I seem to remember plex's /appdata being a metadata disaster for the poor mover. hundreds of files couldn't be moved. I can't see them in the mover log because it's so long, though? or maybe it's fixed. any way to find out?

edit3: and a parity-sync was running as well...facepalm

Edited by gowg