Drive full question

I have a wide variety of hard drive sizes.  One of my smaller drives is 98% full.  If a share saves to drive 1, 2, and 3 and drive 2 becomes 100% full, will it automatically just save the data in drive 1 and 3?

I'm constantly getting the error that drive 2 is full, is there a way to disable the alarm from drive 2?

10 minutes ago, tr3bjockey said:

I have a wide variety of hard drive sizes.  One of my smaller drives is 98% full.  If a share saves to drive 1, 2, and 3 and drive 2 becomes 100% full, will it automatically just save the data in drive 1 and 3?

I'm constantly getting the error that drive 2 is full, is there a way to disable the alarm from drive 2?

what are the share settings?

Points to note are:

• The size of a file is not considered when selecting a drive for a new file.  Unraid acts as if it is zero size for drive selection purposes.
  • once a drive has been selected then you will get an ‘out of space’ error if it subsequently does not actually fit.
  • The Minimum Free Space setting should be larger than the biggest file you intend to transfer as falling below that is a trigger for considering another drive for the next file.
  • The Split Level setting wins any contention for selecting a drives.  Therefore if it is too restrictive it can force Unraid to try and put the file on a specific drive even though the free space is below the Minimum Free Space setting.
1 hour ago, tr3bjockey said:

Probably not merely an alarm but an actual failure to write a file.

If you want more specific advice based on your configuration

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread.