InfluxDB - Issue after Update

I've updated InfluxDB several times without any issues using the UNRAID Docker interface and "Apply Update" link. This time, however, I can no longer login - I get the onboarding process when I go to port 8086 :(

Any ideas on what I can do? I'm afraid my data is lost now and I have several Node-Reds running data into nothing now along with my home energy monitoring software.

• 4 weeks later...

Influx recently released v2. It's not directly compatible with the storage format used in v1.x. So if you use influxdb:latest as the docker image tag you would inadvertedly upgrade to v2.0. So change the tag to influxdb:1.8 to get latest v1.x.

If you really want to upgrade to v2.0 you'll need to run a script to convert your database to v2 format. Read about that on InfluxDB's web site. 

• 1 month later...

So - this happened previously as shown above...  I upgraded everything after some tinkering around.  It is a 2.0 Influx, but same thing happened.  After upgrade it just looks like a new system again :( All the data seems to be there in the appdata structure, but the org stuff seems to be gone.  Which means I have to reset the whole damn thing again after upgrading?  Something has to be wrong either with the way I am upgrading (just hit the 'upgrade' link in Unraid) or the procedure.

Edited by Convington

Maybe this will help someone help me??

I can see my influx folders at:  /appdata/influxdb/data, /appdata/influxdb/meta, /appdata/influxdb/wal

On the flash drive, I see: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-Influxdb.xml, which contains the following:

<Data>
    <Volume>
      <HostDir>/mnt/user/appdata/influxdb</HostDir>
      <ContainerDir>/var/lib/influxdb</ContainerDir>
      <Mode>rw</Mode>
    </Volume>
  </Data>
  <Environment/>
  <Labels/>
  <Config Name="Host Port 1" Target="8083" Default="8083" Mode="tcp" Description="Container Port: 8083" Type="Port" Display="always" Required="true" Mask="false">8083</Config>
  <Config Name="Host Port 2" Target="8086" Default="8086" Mode="tcp" Description="Container Port: 8086" Type="Port" Display="always" Required="true" Mask="false">8086</Config>
  <Config Name="Host Path 1" Target="/var/lib/influxdb" Default="/mnt/user/appdata/influxdb" Mode="rw" Description="Container Path: /var/lib/influxdb" Type="Path" Display="always" Required="true" Mask="false">/mnt/user/appdata/influxdb</Config>

My shares include one named appdata, set to Public, Prefer: Cache.  This share seems to go to the /appdata folder.  Inside of Krusader, it looks like:  /media/appdata.

Man - I hope someone can help me here.  Somewhat painful considering I use this system to track power usage for my business (which is part of my home).  Right now I'm blind (even though my meter is still tracking - it isn't forwarding to Influxdb anymore since it is down).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...