Orphan Images Reappearing & Docker high image disk utilization

Whenever an update for one of my docker images becomes available, my unraid installtion ends up with orphan images which in turn creates high image disk utilization.

The only solution I've found is to log in every few days and delete the orphan images manually.

Attached are my diagnostics, as well as a notification list and my docker page. i  deleted those orphan images and applied the updates after collecting the diagnostics that are attached. Is it possible this is a bug?

I have mentioned this problem here in the past but we have not been able to uncover a solution. Any suggestions appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 12.36.02.png

Screenshot 2021-08-25 at 12-36-54 Buddha Docker.png

buddha-diagnostics-20210825-1229.zip

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

It's because your containers are using another container for networking i.e. delugevpn

When that main container gets updated the ID changes so it breaks subsequent updates of the others.

There was supposed to be a possible workaround coming in Unraid, but you could also try the rebuild-dndc container.

thanks for that tip. A question about the instructions for rebuild-dndc....

https://github.com/elmerfdz/rebuild-dndc

on step 2 where it talks about ... docker network create container:master_container_name

do i need to change master_container_name to binhex-delugevpn?