SOS - Unraid won't boot in GUI mode or can't connect to web UI.

New build, SM X11SSH-CTF, Kingston 32GB Data Traveller USB stick.

I can load command line ok, access root account. But as soon as I boot to GUI mode, it goes through the load up then I'm greeted with a blank screen.

I've tried this on current 6.9.2, and re did the stick with old steadfast 6.8.3. I've tried UEFI and non-UEFI options. Same result.

The fans are also ramping up and down as well.

1 minute ago, ChatNoir said:

Looks like there is no iGPU : https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/97470/intel-xeon-processor-e3-1220-v6-8m-cache-3-00-ghz.html

Can you access the server's WebGUI ? That's how most people manage their servers.

I can access it now, sort of. Both machines have to be set to static IPs. With that as such, I cannot connect to the internet and I cannot activate the license. Also rebooting unraid makes the system unavailable for web UI access. This is starting to get very frustrating. 

Have you connected a monitor and keyboard to your server.    (Since this is a server Motherboard, you may have to read the manual as there may be more than one Monitor port.)  

With a successful boot of Unraid, you should seen an IP address.  That is the IP address that serves both the GUI and the file sharing service.  

What is this address? 

1 hour ago, rlsound said:

Both machines have to be set to static IPs

What are the two machines?  I assume that one is the Unraid server with the issue.  What is the second one?  What are the two addresses that you are assigning.

If you can log into the server, type   diagnostics   at the command line prompt.  that will write the Diagnostics file to the   logs   directory of the flash drive.    Type   poweroff   and after the server shuts down, pull the drive and upload the file in your next post.

5 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Have you connected a monitor and keyboard to your server.    (Since this is a server Motherboard, you may have to read the manual as there may be more than one Monitor port.)  

With a successful boot of Unraid, you should seen an IP address.  That is the IP address that serves both the GUI and the file sharing service.  

What is this address? 

What are the two machines?  I assume that one is the Unraid server with the issue.  What is the second one?  What are the two addresses that you are assigning.

If you can log into the server, type   diagnostics   at the command line prompt.  that will write the Diagnostics file to the   logs   directory of the flash drive.    Type   poweroff   and after the server shuts down, pull the drive and upload the file in your next post.

Ok got this figured out. I took the server home and incorporated it into the network here. IPMI, WEB UI, all functional as it should be. Leads me to believe there's a large IP conflict in work's network that needs to be ironed out. Although I won't have to have the Unraid connected to the internet as the license is activated.

Thanks for all the help. Now I know where the issue is.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, ChatNoir said:

Did you set the fixed IP on the server side or router side ?

Fixed IP was on the Unraid side. That was the only way I could get it to talk to the other Ubuntu boxes as they also had fixed IPs. 

The connection was like this:

1gbit connection/router to a cheap 5-6 port gbit switch. Gbit switch to another switch ( in another room ) and then all three computers, the two Ubuntu rigs and the Unraid server were connected to that as well. Basically the same setup at home except with one switch instead of two. 

There were other connections in the first switch and I'm suspect that other people were using that feed in another part of the building. 

Funny thing is that both Ubuntu boxes and the Unraid server had to have Static IPs in order to work. If it was set to dynamic, couldn't get Ubuntus to see the Unraid server, even using arp -a.