Docker network best practice

Hi,

Recently started with Unraid and already running some docker containers, but I was wondering about the docker networks?

I now I can run them as host, bridge, custom bridge and macvlan/ipvlan (optional on seperate interface/VLAN)

Ideal I would create a seperate VLAN for all my dockers, so they all have their own IP and because of the VLAN they can also talk to the host if needed, but I read on the forum this can cause crashes, is this true?

So what would be the best practice?

On 8/27/2021 at 10:57 AM, Kopernikus said:

I now I can run them as host, bridge, custom bridge and macvlan/ipvlan (optional on seperate interface/VLAN)

Ideal I would create a seperate VLAN for all my dockers, so they all have their own IP and because of the VLAN they can also talk to the host if needed,

...that is exactly how I do that.

Custom Bridge and VLANs.

Just remember, that when talking to the host (on an another VLAN) traffic goes via your Router...so your Router needs some extra ressources to spare.

On 8/27/2021 at 10:57 AM, Kopernikus said:

but I read on the forum this can cause crashes, is this true?

I*ve heard the same (can*t find the reference right now)...but AFAIR this is when a VM is attached to the same bridge.

I don*t use VMs or if so, like for my PBX, I pass through a real, dedicated NIC,