MotherBoard Failure - Replaced - Parity Errors

2 hours ago, snuffy47 said:

Watching the drive I am very unsure why this is so high - its what the old drive indicated as a failure mode but the new drive is not flagging anything 

Seagate uses that SMART attribute differently than WD. No need to monitor it on Seagate.

Nothing to worry about, and no errors being logged so far on rebuild

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, snuffy47 said:

Well things are rebuilding.....

Watching the drive I am very unsure why this is so high - its what the old drive indicated as a failure mode but the new drive is not flagging anything 

#    ATTRIBUTE NAME    FLAG    VALUE    WORST    THRESHOLD    TYPE    UPDATED    FAILED    RAW VALUE
1    Raw read error rate    0x000f    079    076    006    Pre-fail    Always    Never    74902826

That is perfectly normal for some drives where that field is a bit-dependent field so the raw value is difficult to interpret and can effectively be ignored.

• Thanks 1

Still easily 7 hours to go

Been watching this thing like a hawk as it my first cherry on suspected failure and on top of that possible more at risk HD failures

I need to call it a night :( I posted my log just for poops and giggles but will say I miss the ignore and no problems that has been the norm on my end

Really appreciate the help on here.  I implement every suggestion from my past problems just not experienced enough to understand the warnings

Also want to add I have a replacement for disk 1 but I am struggling with replacing it as it is one of the newest drives in my array and damn its 8TB - will say less then 1 year old - that might be putting the cart before the mule but damn it hurts

tower-diagnostics-20210911-0031.zip

Edited by snuffy47
On 9/11/2021 at 12:38 AM, snuffy47 said:

a replacement for disk 1 but I am struggling with replacing it as it is one of the newest drives in my array and damn its 8TB - will say less then 1 year old

Power on hours puts it at over 2 years old but doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it.

Or any of those others. You might just keep the new disk as a spare.

Okie Dokie

I still have a thumbs down on Disk 1 and before I had the crazy Disk 3 failure we were targeting Disk 2.

Attached the display of disk 1.  If I was ignoring things in the past need to understand better what I can acknowledge and what I should be proactive about.  Alot of the 2GB are older for sure

Really appreciate all the help 

2Capture.PNG

The pending sector on disk2 I hope doesn't cause problems for disk1 rebuild. I had a rebuild going when another disk suddenly got a lot more than that but it didn't seem to cause any problems.

Disk2 might even be OK to continue to use if you could get it to reallocate that pending sector. After disk1 rebuilds you could try to rebuild disk2 to itself, which should make it reallocate the pending sector and so change it to a reallocated sector, and a single reallocated sector isn't very concerning as long as it doesn't increase, since disks have extra sectors just for that purpose.

The large number of reallocated on disk1 is more than I would want in my array though and a reason to replace.

• Thanks 1

The pending sector on disk2 I hope doesn't cause problems for disk1 rebuild.

Me too :) 19hrs and we will know 

The items like the Pending Sector amount is there a Ok - Not ok but change very soon number that I can use to ensure I donnt get intot this agian

Or I guess I am really asking when there is orange lines - When do I pull the trigger to replace though will likely be a moving target just looking for a best recommendation - lets say not critical data Not saving baby monkeys here - I do have critical data though hahaha 

Edited by snuffy47

I plan to do something the 8TB and 2TB wasnt sure what but will preclear and see what happens

Event: Unraid Parity check
Subject: Notice [TOWER] - Parity check finished (0 errors)
Description: Duration: 19 hours, 51 minutes, 6 seconds. Average speed: 112.0 MB/s
Importance: normal

The other 2 with UDMA CRC error count 30 and 21 will monitor

Well it was a mess but with your help trurl and the UNRAID community looks like I am back to a healthy status