[Solved] Urgent help required recovering drive assignments please!

So I did a dumb. I shut down to add 2 new disks I'd just pre-cleared and mid recabling realised I hadn't taken a photo of the exiting drive assignments!

I do have a diagnostics file from this morning before I took it to bits; can I recover the details from this to ensure I'm not messing up my parity drive (If I remember correctly, the order of the other drives is not important?)

Any help would be urgently appreciated!

artemis-diagnostics-20210829-0929.zip

Edited by hoppers99
Marking as solved
2 hours ago, hoppers99 said:

So I did a dumb. I shut down to add 2 new disks I'd just pre-cleared and mid recabling realised I hadn't taken a photo of the exiting drive assignments!

Not sure where is the issue as Unraid identifies the drives by Serial Number, not SATA port.

In any case, you can find the disk assignment in the SMART directory of the diagnostics.

image.png.12f9cd82055ca5468a4f4cff49598bf2.png

I suppose that the two at the bottom are your new drives.

13 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Not sure where is the issue as

Hey thanks @ChatNoir. My apologies, I through I had deleted this thread as looking through the diagnostics I found this directory a short time later (I'd never dug into diagnostics and when I didn't see anything obvious in the drives.conf I expected it was beyond my understanding) and managed to resolve the issue.

My problem was that a connector was loose on one of the existing drives when I restarted so it was showing a drive missing which threw my confidence in everything. Once I found this directory I realised why it was showing a drive missing (basically I better interpreted what the interface was showing me with the corroborating information), shut down, re-seated the cables and rebooted and got it running correctly.

Appreciate you taking the time to assist!

• Like 1
  • hoppers99 changed the title to [Solved] Urgent help required recovering drive assignments please!