[Solved] VM fails to boot after adding new data drives to Unraid

Hi Team,

Earlier today I added a couple of new drives to my machine. I took the opportunity to tidy up some cabling also, and now I get an error when I got to boot my VM. Entirely sure something has just changed address but I am not sure how best to diagnose it. Hoping someone can suggest something. Is it is simple as deleting the VM and recreating it with the existing disks?

Error and diagnostics attached for reference. Any suggestions appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 18.08.28.png

artemis-diagnostics-20210829-1808.zip

Edited by hoppers99
Clarify title and mark as solved.

In case anyone else finds this with the same question, I successfully crated a "new" VM in Unraid with the same settings as old and got it running. I'm sure this is detailed somewhere but I couldn't find it with whatever I was looking for, so I wanted to leave how I solved it for reference.

Basic steps:

1. Renamed the old one from "Windows 10" to "Windows 10 Old"

2. Create new VM with same settings as old and named "Windows 10". This naming made Unraid naturally point to the same disks as before but you could manually change this in step 4 if needed

3. Set VM to not start when you save the settings. And save the settings.

4. Go back into the VM settings and double check the drive assignments match the file locations (and possibly sizes if you are manually pointing them to something other than the defaults)

5. Start the VM and enjoy. 

• hoppers99 changed the title to [Solved] VM fails to boot after adding new data drives to Unraid