SMB SHARES ISSUES

HHUBS

So I don't know why my folder share are not working. Previously it was working. I follow the guide here 

But none of them are working. Even if the folder is public, it will not show. If I create a new share, it will show up. For example this one, I created a public shared folder "Test". Then I check and it has "Public" status on the "SMB" column. The others, doesn't have any. How to fix this?

image.thumb.png.2ee8444f2626ac56641b4d6537bbb9fb.png

• 11 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I run into this issue today. This is definitely something to do with UNRAID. I found a solution however that was working in my case. 

I had most of my shares working fine but a newly created share had the same issue as @HHUBS.

I ended up writing both the share and SMB settings from a working share to the new share that wasn't visible on the network and presto the issue was resolved.

I hope this might help someone in the future.

image.thumb.png.210ef4d4a655083d62d8bcc98dc71068.png

• 2 months later...

Windows is trying to force more security measures, if you set the folder to public and windows still asks you to login, just type in guest as a user name , no password and hit enter. This passwordless "guest" account should get you access to your unraid share.