[Support] Glassed Silver - Directus

Hello and I am glad you're stopping by to check out this support thread for my CA template for Directus.

From the application's author:

An Instant App & API for your SQL Database. Directus wraps your new or existing SQL database with a realtime GraphQL+REST API for developers, and an intuitive admin app for non-technical users.

It can be a headless CMS, your table viewer, UI/app builder for webapps and more to visualize, store and manage your SQL-stored data. It's very a wrapper, doesn't mess with your data and doesn't lock you into a proprietary solution. It's an interface, app, anything, but the backend can be detached at any time. It lends itself very well to home users as well as advanced users and can handle file uploads and downloads.

My personal installation of this is quite young as well, so we all learn as we go, but it seems to be finally the WebUI-based Bento-ish (but better) alternative that I've been looking for for a long time. :)

Check out this short and concice overview.

Website
GitHub
Docs

Support for this CA in the context of the CA implementation is provided by me.

homepage-hero.svg

item-browse.svg

item-detail.svg

user-directory.svg

file-library.svg

permissions.svg

Change Log (just the unRAID CA template)

2021 Sept 01: Initial release to CAs

Cheers and have fun with this app!

Edited by Glassed Silver

Hey thank you for the interest!

I forgot to paste the credentials in the template description, that's fixed now.

Here they are for your convenience :)

ADMIN_EMAIL="[email protected]"

ADMIN_PASSWORD="d1r3ctu5"

Specifically for docker environments, the documentation:

https://docs.directus.io/guides/installation/docker/

It's a really well documented app from what I can tell so far. :)

Edited by Glassed Silver
7 hours ago, Fpsware said:

Thanks for you reply. 

Unfortunately, I'm still not able to login using the above credentials. 

image.png.9ebb5dbbee7e4ce1e0554257ef3f2039.png

I've even attempted to pass ADMIN_EMAIL and ADMIN_PASSWORD as variables with no luck.

image.thumb.png.831721b35bbe1da80e2405e72d890e6f.png

Okay, I figured it out.

Please refer to your docker container's log. Shortly after the initial startup a password was written into it that you can use to login using the example email. (that didn't change)

Apparently Directus needs to update their documentation here. The reason why this didn't affect me is that I have a way overblown personal template I used to set this up with my own custom password passed into the environment. I simply believed that the default credentials would work for other users.

I'm very sorry for the friction here. My guess is your Directus experience will be pretty fly otherwise.

I'll change the description to reflect that the password is passed in the log and give an optional choice to pass it directly through the template as a non-required field (in case you don't want your logs password scanned even though you should obviously ALWAYS change default passwords. Good password hygiene is always advisable. :) )

Thank you so much for the patience, let me know if this helps!

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

Hello, I am having a couple of minor issues with the container, maybe permission related? 

When we try to upload any image (or file) we get the following error in the log:

Error code: EACCES
Original stack:
Error: EACCES: permission denied, open '/directus/uploads/90e3355a-57c1-4807-9119-6319c0c54935.png'
08:00:04 request errored POST 503 /files 21ms

I was hoping maybe you knew of a solution.

Also, when I go to edit my admin account info, when the page opens, a dialog box pops up with

[FORBIDDEN] You don't have permission to access this.

Edited by lukeoslavia
added second error message
6 hours ago, lukeoslavia said:

Hello, I am having a couple of minor issues with the container, maybe permission related? 

When we try to upload any image (or file) we get the following error in the log:

Error code: EACCES
Original stack:
Error: EACCES: permission denied, open '/directus/uploads/90e3355a-57c1-4807-9119-6319c0c54935.png'
08:00:04 request errored POST 503 /files 21ms

I was hoping maybe you knew of a solution.

Also, when I go to edit my admin account info, when the page opens, a dialog box pops up with

[FORBIDDEN] You don't have permission to access this.

What did you set for PUID and PGID? Confirm it's the same as when you run this from the container's shell:

id

What you set and what displays there should definitely match, this is basically a sanity check for my template.

Where I expect a deviation is your files as you already guessed. To confirm and fix in that case:

From the container's shell again, run this command against the Uploads, Extensions and if applicable Database folders' mapped locations:

ls -lh

like so

ls -lh /directus/uploads/
ls -lh /directus/extensions/
ls -lh /directus/database/

You only need to check the last one if you use SQLite rather than a dedicated database backend.

To fix, if needed run this, should work from the container's shell again, if not, change the paths to the mapped host paths and run from unRAID's shell:

chmod <PUID>:<PGID> -R /directus/uploads/
chmod <PUID>:<PGID> -R /directus/extensions/
chmod <PUID>:<PGID> -R /directus/database/

Lastly run this command against the same directories:

chown 755 -R /directus/uploads/
chown 755 -R /directus/extensions/
chown 755 -R /directus/database/

That should do it 👍

Edited by Glassed Silver
clarification

Well, I left the puid and pgid alone, the default they were set to was:

puid: 99

pgid: 100

but when I ran Id from the console, it said they were both 1000.

I tried running chmod <PUID>:<PGID> -R /directus/uploads/ from the container, and then from unraid terminal with the host path. but it says chmod: invalid mode: '99:100' (I also tried 1000:1000 since thats what the container reported)

the chown 755 -R /directus/uploads/ commands worked, but didnt seems to fix the issue.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

I tried the Directus template but I have never been able to run the app. The logs crashes as soon as I try to open the web UI.

I have tried with different DBs same result. Switching to root makes it run fine
image.thumb.png.c6a1f88294b463418a99cdfee27e8aab.png
image.thumb.png.c1a4022adda64da74fb4da5127c3c792.png

image.png

Edited by Hadi

2024-01-21T16:08:14: PM2 error: Error: No matching pid found
2024-01-21T16:08:16: PM2 error: Error caught while calling pidusage
2024-01-21T16:08:16: PM2 error: Error: No matching pid found
2024-01-21T16:08:18: PM2 error: Error caught while calling pidusage
2024-01-21T16:08:18: PM2 error: Error: No matching pid found
2024-01-21T16:08:20: PM2 error: Error caught while calling pidusage
2024-01-21T16:08:20: PM2 error: Error: No matching pid found