GPU-P

With Nvidia unlocking GPU's for multiple streams/sessions and officially supporting GPU passthrough in the latest round of driver releases would it be possible to include paravirtualization in the same fashion that Hyper-v allows so that multiple VM's can share resources on a single card. I will not pretend to understand the intricacies of how this works so forgive me if there is already a solution to this, but its is absolutely a game changer in my home allowing me to run hugely powerful windows 10 instances through parsec on pi thin clients all over the house without the huge expense of multiple GPU's. the flip side is its consuming a lot of resource from my windows 10 workstation that I would rather hand over to a dedicated GPU in my Unraid server.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, eribob said:

+1! However, I have a feeling that this feature is not possible for the unraid devs to implement

Again forgive my ignorance on this, I am by no means a software developer. I'm still reasonably chuffed that I managed to get it working at all.  Its functionally possible on a hardware level. It must 'simply' (see note below) be a software implementation that is lacking in unraid. In my (very limited compared to most) experience, if my windows machines cant do something its usually a pretty safe bet the linux community has an excellent solution to it. I'm doing stuff on my unraid machine that 2 years ago I didn't even know possible. So in this case I'm a little perplexed that the great community developers we have on board haven't jumped on this as a priority, especially in the current climate of hardware availability. 

NOTE. I'm not naïve enough to think this a simple implementation... I am an idiot though so if any of the community devs would be able to share with me in simple terms the technical hurdles this kind of thing is up against, that would be smashing. I do truly believe this could be a hugely important feature for unraid. 

• 1 year later...