Unraid 6.9.2 Cache drive full today

That looks better. I'm still concerned by the usage (17G) of your docker.img though. Usage doesn't seem to have grown since those earlier diagnostics after you reinstalled them so that might be a good sign. docker.img should only contain the downloaded executables for the containers and any data to be written should go to mapped container paths.

On the Docker page, click the Container Size button at the bottom, then post the results.

Name                              Container     Writable          Log
---------------------------------------------------------------------
binhex-krusader                     1.92 GB      35.6 MB      23.4 kB
binhex-plexpass                     1.62 GB       247 MB      4.60 kB
binhex-lidarr                       1.59 GB       131 MB       130 kB
RDP-Calibre                         1.49 GB      22.5 MB      32.6 kB
binhex-delugevpn                    1.35 GB      1.04 MB      52.2 kB
DiskSpeed                           1.23 GB      5.54 kB      45.1 kB
binhex-sonarr                       1.04 GB      35.2 MB      31.3 kB
ApacheGuacamole                     1.01 GB      48.7 MB      22.0 kB
binhex-radarr                        947 MB       133 MB      35.0 kB
binhex-sabnzbd                       869 MB      12.4 MB       289 kB
overseerr                            647 MB      8.92 kB      1.64 MB
FileBot                              494 MB      28.0 kB      22.5 kB
swag                                 365 MB      2.07 MB      10.6 kB
HDDTemp                              339 MB          0 B          0 B
HandBrake                            324 MB      39.1 kB      1.03 MB
gaps                                 311 MB        238 B      19.9 kB
lazylibrarian                        259 MB      16.5 MB      8.78 MB
mylar                                253 MB      36.6 MB      6.97 kB
JDownloader2                         227 MB      3.89 MB      36.6 kB
FileZilla                            221 MB      23.8 kB      20.4 kB
Grafana                              213 MB          0 B      5.50 kB
telegraf                             184 MB      41.5 MB      38.5 kB
Influxdb                             183 MB          0 B       914 kB
cops                                 170 MB      24.7 MB      4.69 kB
tautulli                             158 MB      38.7 MB      22.2 kB
youtube-dl-server                    149 MB       327 kB      1.86 kB
cadvisor                            69.6 MB          0 B      1.21 kB
Varken                              56.2 MB      70.7 kB      2.73 MB
syncthing                           49.8 MB      9.22 kB      8.86 kB
duckdns                             26.4 MB      9.81 kB      10.2 kB
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Total size                          17.8 GB       831 MB      16.0 MB

1 hour ago, trurl said:

On the Docker page, click the Container Size button at the bottom, then post the results.

Container size as requested

That looks good. Your diagnostics show 33% used, and you can see that on your Dashboard page in the bar graph for Docker under the Memory section. It shouldn't be growing so keep an eye on it.

You have some free space on cache now. Do you want to use any of that for caching user share writes? If so there are a few more settings you need to make.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

You have some free space on cache now. Do you want to use any of that for caching user share writes? If so there are a few more settings you need to make.

So as I mentioned , I had never set this up but would be willing to do so if this will help me performance wise.

Simpler if you don't cache user share writes really. If you write to your server and you are waiting on it to finish then maybe it would be worth it. Most of my writes are scheduled backups and queued downloads, so I am not waiting on them anyway. I actually keep some shares on SSD pool permanently so they can be read faster without spinning up the array. A copy of a subset of my photos that get used as wallpaper or screensavers by other devices on my network. A copy of a subset of my music so it can be played by other devices on my network. These don't need redundancy since they are just copies.

When we got multiple pools to work with on v6.9, and I had to rebuild my server anyway, I went with a nvme SSD as my "fast" pool for dockers/VMs and those quick access permanently on SSD shares I mentioned. And I have a "cache" pool of 2 SSDs just because I can, torrents and other downloads go there now to get moved to the array later, and it does speed up postprocessing, but I could live without all that and probably wouldn't notice much.

Just depends on how you want to use your server.

The main thing is to keep your cache or other pools, and indeed any of your disks, from getting too full, but there are several things to consider and settings to make to get things working well enough that you don't have to pay a lot of attention to it.

13 hours ago, trurl said:

Simpler if you don't cache user share writes really. If you write to your server and you are waiting on it to finish then maybe it would be worth it. Most of my writes are scheduled backups and queued downloads, so I am not waiting on them anyway. I actually keep some shares on SSD pool permanently so they can be read faster without spinning up the array. A copy of a subset of my photos that get used as wallpaper or screensavers by other devices on my network. A copy of a subset of my music so it can be played by other devices on my network. These don't need redundancy since they are just copies.

When we got multiple pools to work with on v6.9, and I had to rebuild my server anyway, I went with a nvme SSD as my "fast" pool for dockers/VMs and those quick access permanently on SSD shares I mentioned. And I have a "cache" pool of 2 SSDs just because I can, torrents and other downloads go there now to get moved to the array later, and it does speed up postprocessing, but I could live without all that and probably wouldn't notice much.

Just depends on how you want to use your server.

The main thing is to keep your cache or other pools, and indeed any of your disks, from getting too full, but there are several things to consider and settings to make to get things working well enough that you don't have to pay a lot of attention to it.

So the caching pool new to 6.9 did interest me but I haven't taken the time to really learn how to set it up properly and how it can best function on my server. When you hard to rebuild, did you have to start from scratch?

17 minutes ago, mwoods98 said:

rebuild, did you have to start from scratch?

Not at all.

I started on Unraid v4.7 over 10 years ago when it was just a NAS OS with a few plugins.

I have replaced everything about my main server over the years, some things more than once.

And of course there have been drive replacements, mostly just replacing drives with larger drives. Never lost any data, never started from scratch, just OS upgrades, incremental improvements, and some configuration changes.

Old parts and drives from my main server became my backup server, and other old drives that were still good and large enough became offsite backups.

Here is my recent rebuild thread if you are interested:

10 minutes ago, trurl said:

And of course there have been drive replacements, mostly just replacing drives with larger drives. Never lost any data, never started from scratch, just OS upgrades, incremental improvements, and some configuration changes.

Old parts and drives from my main server became my backup server, and other old drives that were still good and large enough became offsite backups.

Here is my recent rebuild thread if you are interested:

Thanks for the thread. I'm going to look at it as I had to swap to a 1U Supermicro. My 4U would not boot reliably and I would still like to revisit that one day to try to figure out the issue and maybe build a second server. Sounds like you have been on Unraid for a while. I know there are so many things I'm not doing right with my setup and I'm trying my best to learn.