[support] BigManDave's docker templates

Hi, I am trying to figure out the point of this docker; when I got to the project page, I only find information about running the dogecoin wallet. 

I was looking to run something (validator?) to earn a bit of coin.

So, what is the big deal of running a docker for dogecoin wallet?

Thanks

19 hours ago, Robc390 said:

Hi, I am trying to figure out the point of this docker; when I got to the project page, I only find information about running the dogecoin wallet. 

I was looking to run something (validator?) to earn a bit of coin.

So, what is the big deal of running a docker for dogecoin wallet?

Thanks

Hi,

This installs the Dogecoin Core wallet running as a full node on the Dogecoin network with the wallet intentionally disabled. This is not a miner.

What is a node I hear you ask?

"A full node is a program that fully validates transactions and blocks. Almost all full nodes also help the network by accepting transactions and blocks from other full nodes, validating those transactions and blocks, and then relaying them to further full nodes.

Most full nodes also serve lightweight clients by allowing them to transmit their transactions to the network and by notifying them when a transaction affects their wallet. If not enough nodes perform this function, clients won't be able to connect through the peer-to-peer network---they'll have to use centralized services instead.

Many people and organizations volunteer to run full nodes using spare computing and bandwidth resources---but more volunteers are needed to allow Dogecoin to continue to grow." - https://dogecoinisawesome.com/full-node

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...