36hrs in to a preclear of 8tb WD Red, too long?

I've used just desktop drives till now but this week I decided to start using unRAID more seriously.

I bought a pro license and have been upgrading drives and looking in to upgrading the CPU.

I bought a wd red to use as a parity drive and am upgrading the others as well. Added some more cache and etc.

Anyways, I'm at almost 36hrs of this preclear and it looks like it's going to be another 36 or so. Is that normal?

############################################################################################################################
#                                                                                                                          #
#                                         unRAID Server Preclear of disk VDGTR4RK                                          #
#                                       Cycle 1 of 1, partition start on sector 64.                                        #
#                                                                                                                          #
#   Step 1 of 6 - Pre-read verification:                                                  [14:33:36 @ 152 MB/s] SUCCESS    #
#   Step 2 of 6 - Erasing the disk:                                                       [14:03:00 @ 158 MB/s] SUCCESS    #
#   Step 3 of 6 - Zeroing in progress:                                                                       (68% Done)    #
#   ** Time elapsed: 8:22:29 | Write speed: 152 MB/s | Average speed: 182 MB/s                                             #
############################################################################################################################
#                              Cycle elapsed time: 36:59:08 | Total elapsed time: 36:59:08                                 #

#                                        S.M.A.R.T. Status (device type: default)                                          #
#   ATTRIBUTE                INITIAL  STATUS                                                                               #
#   Reallocated_Sector_Ct    0        -                                                                                    #
#   Power_On_Hours           4        -                                                                                    #
#   Temperature_Celsius      38       -                                                                                    #
#   Reallocated_Event_Count  0        -                                                                                    #
#   Current_Pending_Sector   0        -                                                                                    #
#   Offline_Uncorrectable    0        -                                                                                    #
#   UDMA_CRC_Error_Count     0        -                                                                                    #
#   SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED                                                               #

The times look good from what I have seen on my smaller drives that I use.   (Big drives take longer to preclear-- also to run parity checks on to rebuild!)  Remember that you are also putting hours on the drive to get it by the infant mortality stage of it useful life.  (If you don't understand that term Google it and Bathtub Curve.)

As I recall once the drive has finished being 'zeroed' the next few steps go quickly (a few minutes for each) and then comes the post read which will take about 14 hours.  (That 68% percentage for the progress of the current step!)