Unraid no longer able to see network

rynojvr

After a recent reboot, Unraid no longer is able to see the network at all; when booting, no activity lights from the network port, and on-screen, it gives a 169.254.0.0/16 address. While concerning, I was able to get it limping along after booting into "Safe Mode", (no plugins enabled). 

Rebooting from that (via the UI & safe), I am now no longer able to boot even in safe mode; the non-network issue now encompasses Safe Mode as well. 

I can log in with keyboard & monitor, viewing syslog has mentions of the USB being invalid, but I can't tell if that's a non-network connectivity issue, or a deeper situation to be investigated. 

Has anyone heard of such a situation, and, diagnostically, which data would help in finding a solution? 

2 hours ago, rynojvr said:

Didn't see something network related, we will see what the other guys see in the logs and global diagnostics.

I see plenty of this

Sep  6 00:46:52 Vault kernel: SQUASHFS error: Unable to read fragment cache entry [8cf4cc]
Sep  6 00:46:52 Vault kernel: SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 8cf4cc, size 3d48

Don't know if it could be the cause, consequence of your issue or totally unrelated.

1 hour ago, ChatNoir said:

Didn't see something network related, we will see what the other guys see in the logs and global diagnostics.

Yeah, it feels like it's not loading the networking OS component. The onboard NIC isn't even registering a signal on the wire. The clue about networking is in the ifconfig output; the br0 interface has 169.254.0.0/16, where it should have a 192.168.0.0/24. 

I'm surmising there's a deeper issue, likely related the the SQUASHFS errors you were referring to, which at the end of the day resulted in the symptom of non-networking. 

In the mean time, I'll see if I can migrate to a different boot USB.