[Support] Docker WebUI

On 1/16/2022 at 2:47 AM, Kameleon83 said:

I added a TITLE variable to change the title of the page. By default, I left Docker WebUI. I also changed the description on page 1. I hope it will be newer understandable on how to use the variables.
If you want to see newer, go to the BitBucket

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

Regarding the Host and Unraid_IP - From comments I am not sure if the description is clear for other folks, but I am able to get it now.

Have a good day! :)

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, Shomil Saini said:

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

Regarding the Host and Unraid_IP - From comments I am not sure if the description is clear for other folks, but I am able to get it now.

Have a good day! :)

Cheers!

You're welcome.

If you have a proposal for an explanation, then I'd be happy to have some help. I'm French and it's not always easy to translate from technical French to natural English.

A very good day to you too.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 1:25 PM, Kameleon83 said:

You're welcome.

If you have a proposal for an explanation, then I'd be happy to have some help. I'm French and it's not always easy to translate from technical French to natural English.

A very good day to you too.

Cheers

Hey,

Sorry for the late response, per my understanding you are using UNRAID_IP to match in the docker container's webui link and if it matches you replace it with DNS/DYNDNS so it works if I have a hostname (Ex: unraid.duckdns.org) mapped so it works across networks/internet. If the url for ui does not match the UNRAID_IP you know it is a separate ip for host so you do not change the path to webui which restricts it to LAN only. I am not a native english speaker myself, but I hope this explaination helps someone.

Hopefully I am correct in assuming what is going on in the code.

Cheers!

On 1/25/2022 at 2:19 PM, Exes said:

This is what I see when I open the web gui 

image.png

Try opening in Incognito mode or clear cache etc. set the DNS/DYNDNS and UNRAID_IP variables correctly.

If that dont work try deleting the container and removing the image and reinstall fresh.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

On 3/3/2022 at 12:29 PM, Shomil Saini said:

Try opening in Incognito mode or clear cache etc. set the DNS/DYNDNS and UNRAID_IP variables correctly.

If that dont work try deleting the container and removing the image and reinstall fresh.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

That didn't worl k either. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Incognito doesn't work (tried on another computer as well my phone). Tried changing the ports. I ended up setting up a new unraid server and the Docker Web-Gui works fine on that. Is there a config directory that it has?

Also, not sure if it helps, but Firefox told me this image.png.fcb0c27202bf9c819a36c78239e4eb09.png

Edited by Exes
typo
  • 2 months later...

hello i wanted give the container its own ip so i can give it an DNS entry in my Network.
Problem is as soon as i do that the port is changet from 1111 to 8080.
Not that it matters mutch scince i want it to move to port 80 how ever i did not found a way.
i also have no idea about docker i am quit new in that regard.
is ter anyway to modifiy your  container or move the port to port 80

5 minutes ago, lhw1221 said:

hello i wanted give the container its own ip so i can give it an DNS entry in my Network.
Problem is as soon as i do that the port is changet from 1111 to 8080.
Not that it matters mutch scince i want it to move to port 80 how ever i did not found a way.
i also have no idea about docker i am quit new in that regard.
is ter anyway to modifiy your  container or move the port to port 80

Hello,
You normally have a parameter that allows you to change this.

Capture d’écran 2022-05-07 à 19.04.24.png

7 minutes ago, Kameleon83 said:

He wants to know if the container port can be changed from 8080 to instead be 80 so that if it's on it's own IP address he doesn't need to append :8080 to the IP address in order to access it.  IE: it listens on 80 instead of 8080  Is there a config file or something that dictates the internal listening port

5 minutes ago, Kameleon83 said:

Hello,

Capture d’écran 2022-05-07 à 19.04.24.png

that dose not work
As soon as i switch network type this option dose not do anything 
whit the switching it also switsches to port 8080 automaticly

Edited by lhw1221

i also might add that i figurd out why it dose switch 
cause the "Port mapping only applies to bridge network" i was tollt.

This means i wold have to switch the configuration inside the container and i have no clue how i do that.

Edited by lhw1221
17 minutes ago, lhw1221 said:

i also might add that i figurd out why it dose switch 
cause the "Port mapping only applies to bridge network" i was tollt.

This means i wold have to switch the configuration inside the container and i have no clue how i do that.

By default the internal port is 8080. I'll change it right away. You should have an update of the container in a few minutes.

1 minute ago, Kameleon83 said:

By default the internal port is 8080. I'll change it right away. You should have an update of the container in a few minutes.

By doing that, you're going to stop anyone who updates from having access to it without also adjusting the template.  Can you instead possibly create a config file that dictates which listening port it uses with a default of 8080?

38 minutes ago, Squid said:

By doing that, you're going to stop anyone who updates from having access to it without also adjusting the template.  Can you instead possibly create a config file that dictates which listening port it uses with a default of 8080?

you sound like you know docker so i can´t edit it the person doing the reposetory ??
(just generl question

13 minutes ago, Kameleon83 said:

I have added a PORT Variable that allows you to change the port of the application.

Tell me if this works and is it ok?

Capture d’écran 2022-05-07 à 20.24.26.png

okay i set it up i only hat to change the port in webUI

image.thumb.png.05aec0d9590aa5906571227a92bd6b97.png

Edited by lhw1221
26 minutes ago, lhw1221 said:

you sound like you know docker so i can´t edit it the person doing the reposetory ??
(just generl question

People would probably be shocked if they realize that I know nothing about actually building a container.  What I do know about is the user experience related to installing / updating any given app.

19 minutes ago, Kameleon83 said:

Tell me if this works and is it ok?

Should be fine. 

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I can see from Inspection that you have the bottom of the two lines below, some sources state you should have both:

<link rel=“icon” href=”favicon.ico” type=“image/x-icon”>

<link rel=“shortcut icon” href=“favicon.ico” type=“image/x-icon”>

On 6/1/2022 at 3:52 PM, paulodell said:

I can see from Inspection that you have the bottom of the two lines below, some sources state you should have both:

<link rel=“icon” href=”favicon.ico” type=“image/x-icon”>

<link rel=“shortcut icon” href=“favicon.ico” type=“image/x-icon”>

Indeed, I saw that there was a problem. I just corrected it.

• Like 1