[Support] auto-yt-dl

LarsW

44 minutes ago, Justin Scholz said:

Moin Ich Habe Jetzt Vor Kurzem Wohl wieder bemerken Müssen das der Downloader Nichts Mehr Herunterläd :(

Was ist das & Wie Kann ich das Beheben? Der Downloader Lief Bei Mir Fast 1 Ganzen Monat Durch Habe den Docker auch schon neugestartet. aber Tritt Trotzdem Immer wieder auf.

Seit wan das so ist seit dem 13.09 Zieht der Nichts Mehr.

_usr_local_emhttp_webGui_scripts_run_cmd docker logs -f -n 90 auto-yt-dl (Homeserver) – Mozilla Firefox 19.09.2022 21_21_53.png

Es ist jetzt ein Update verfügbar, damit funktioniert es bei mir wieder reibungslos. Das Problem war scheinbar auf Shorts beschränkt, daher ist es mir nicht aufgefallen.

--

The problem should be fixed with the update. It seems like only shorts were effected, which is why I didn´t notice it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that if a monitored channel downloads a new video that happens to have an already downloaded video with the same name it will overwrite it and so on.

To sum up, if content creator names all their videos the same name you'll only have the latest video as each one before has been overwritten.

Anyway around this?

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 6:21 AM, LarsW said:

Can you give me more information? Or some examples? 

Regarding the format/resolution, I am looking into it. But I am not sure how much time it will take.

PS: Anyone is welcome to contribute on github

Here's a screenshot. The title names / folder names. It would be cool if it was the actual channel name/video name.

Also.. It may be just me, but I haven't had any downloads in the last 4 days. I'll double check all my docker settings to be sure.

d.png

On 11/4/2022 at 4:21 AM, donniedice said:

Here's a screenshot. The title names / folder names. It would be cool if it was the actual channel name/video name.

Also.. It may be just me, but I haven't had any downloads in the last 4 days. I'll double check all my docker settings to be sure.

d.png

Did you go to the settings and press "Disable naming for Youtube-Agent"?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, DevXen said:

Hey i found an issue. - Youtube has changed usernames to have a @ in the beginning. and i think thats causing an issue.

For example I want to get all the videos of this channel: https://www.youtube.com/@8BitUniverse/videos

which it doesn't add, and the log shows:

WARNING:root:Illegal channel-URL
WARNING:root:Illegal playlist-URL

Thanks for posting, I am able to reproduce this issue.

There will be an update which recognizes the new channel urls.
Meanwhile you can just use the old channel urls, they are still working. On most channels its posted in the channel info. Also you can use websites like this one to get the channel url.

• 1 month later...

got a 500 Error Server internal error...  and the log for the app is 

```

text  error  warn  system  array  login  

WARNING:werkzeug: * Running on all addresses.
   WARNING: This is a development server. Do not use it in a production deployment.
INFO:werkzeug: * Running on http://172.17.0.7:5000/ (Press CTRL+C to quit)
ERROR:app:Exception on / [GET]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 2070, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1515, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1513, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1499, in dispatch_request
    return self.ensure_sync(self.view_functions[rule.endpoint])(**req.view_args)
  File "/app/app.py", line 17, in index
    monitoredPlaylist = pytubDef.returnMonitoredPlaylist()
  File "/app/pytubDef/__init__.py", line 429, in returnMonitoredPlaylist
    logstr = logstr + monitoredPlaylistArray[len(monitoredPlaylistArray) - 1].title
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pytube/contrib/playlist.py", line 351, in title
    return self.sidebar_info[0]['playlistSidebarPrimaryInfoRenderer'][
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pytube/contrib/playlist.py", line 93, in sidebar_info
    self._sidebar_info = self.initial_data['sidebar'][
KeyError: 'sidebar'
INFO:werkzeug:192.168.0.227 - - [01/Apr/2023 14:46:15] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 -
 * Serving Flask app 'app' (lazy loading)
 * Environment: production
   WARNING: This is a development server. Do not use it in a production deployment.
   Use a production WSGI server instead.
 * Debug mode: off
```

On 4/1/2023 at 8:48 PM, comet424 said:

got a 500 Error Server internal error...  and the log for the app is 

```

text  error  warn  system  array  login  

WARNING:werkzeug: * Running on all addresses.
INFO:werkzeug: * Running on http://172.17.0.7:5000/ (Press CTRL+C to quit)
ERROR:app:Exception on / [GET]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 2070, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1515, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1513, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1499, in dispatch_request
    return self.ensure_sync(self.view_functions[rule.endpoint])(**req.view_args)
  File "/app/app.py", line 17, in index
    monitoredPlaylist = pytubDef.returnMonitoredPlaylist()
  File "/app/pytubDef/__init__.py", line 429, in returnMonitoredPlaylist
    logstr = logstr + monitoredPlaylistArray[len(monitoredPlaylistArray) - 1].title
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pytube/contrib/playlist.py", line 351, in title
    return self.sidebar_info[0]['playlistSidebarPrimaryInfoRenderer'][
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pytube/contrib/playlist.py", line 93, in sidebar_info
    self._sidebar_info = self.initial_data['sidebar'][
KeyError: 'sidebar'
INFO:werkzeug:192.168.0.227 - - [01/Apr/2023 14:46:15] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 -
 * Serving Flask app 'app' (lazy loading)
 * Environment: production
   Use a production WSGI server instead.
 * Debug mode: off
```

12 hours ago, vipermo said:

Same thing here just installed it so come here to see why.  
now I see it’s been reported :)

Thanks for reporting. I am currently working on rewriting the container to use yt-dlp instead of pytube, as it seems to receive updates faster and more reliable. I hope I can push the update tommorow

• Like 1

I just pushed an update. This docker now uses yt-dlp instead of pytube. yt-dlp receives updates and fixes much faster, which I hope will ensure that there are no more long lasting outages.

As this was I relatively big update, any feedback and bug reports are welcome!

• Like 1
On 4/8/2023 at 2:20 PM, DevXen said:

Haven't had time to check out the update. I'll mess with it this weekend after work. But did we get the option to add the YouTube id and the name to the files yet by chance?

For the moment the options for the naming of the files have not changed. 

You can either:

A.: Dump all videos in one single folder, each file named after the video title

B.: Save the videos in separate folders for each channel (Folder named after Channel / Video after title)

C.: Save the videos after the plex youtube agent sheme (Folder named: [channel-id] and video named [video-id]) 

• 8 months later...