(Solved) Force unraid.net DNS update

Hi,

I recently switched routers and am now using a different IP address range (192.168.1.0/24 --> 192.168.88.0/24).  I've updated the IP on my Unraid server and that's fine, but I can't get it to update the guid.unraid.net DNS record for HTTPS access.  The update DNS button under the Management Access settings page says there's nothing to update, but that's not correct.

I've checked the DNS cache on my router and it looks like the unraid record only has a TTL of 1 minute and I've watched it disappear and reappear with the old IP address every time so I know it's not a caching problem (at least inside of my network!).

Is there a way to force the update manually from the commandline?

Thanks!

• ljm42 changed the title to (Solved) Force unraid.net DNS update
  • 3 months later...

Hi!

I am running into the same issue. And I have created a DNS entry on my local network to resolve this. It has been over 24h and the old DNS entry still persists outside of my network.

Can one of you please share the steps on how this was resolved?

I would like to delete the manual DNS entry on my network as a workaround. Also this is a problem that if the IP changes and I do not have the capability to override the DNS entry then I loose access to the server via WebGUI. And I do not know how to disable TLS or the redirect from the IP to the domain which happens automatically to access the settings and disable TLS. This has made me wonder if I should permanently disable TLS.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...