Dockers failed to restart - php errors on page

jj_uk
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

This morning, all dockers that are usually stopped as part of the CA backup process have failed to restart. 

Pages in the UnRAID gui have php error messages on them.

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/images/home-assistant-icon.png): failed to open stream: Read-only file system in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 90

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/images/mariadb-icon.png): failed to open stream: Read-only file system in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 90

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/lib/docker/unraid/images/NginxProxyManager-icon.png): failed to open stream: Read-only file system in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 90

tower1-diagnostics-20210912-1235.zip

Edited by jj_uk

Is there any prospect of getting the cache drives back online?  There were a few dockers used to run a smart home. We're currently sat in the dark.

I have a backup of appdata from the day before, created by CA Backup.  It contains a full /appdata/ backup and 'libvirt.img'. 

Edited by jj_uk

I've copied all the data off of the drives following the guide you posted above.

I've stopped the array then run this command to erase the cache drives:

blkdiscard -f /dev/sdb

blkdiscard -f /dev/sdc

I've stated the array, and fomatted the "unmountable" drives, which are the 2 cache drives.

After the format completes, I get this error:

"Unmountable: no pool uuid"

image.thumb.png.ceafb134f98e854e85e8778f7c0d8148.png

I've removed both drives from the pool, and set slots to zero to delete the pool, then created a pool of 2 and re-added them, but the error persists.

I can't mount the drives.

EDIT: 

Solved the issue. I stopped the array, set all shares to 'Use Cache Pool? No', deleted the docker image in settings-docker, deleted the virtlib file by stopping VM and chosing delete from "Settings - VM Manager".

Disabled the syslog server in settings, then deleted the syslog server files from the cache using MC.

Then rebooted the server, added a cache pool, added the drives, stated the array, formatted the drives.

I'm now copying the data back to the cache.

Edited by jj_uk

Managed to restore all the cache, deleted docker image, re-enabled docker.

Installed the 1st container from the APPS -> previous Docker tag. The install failed with an error saying couldn't create /mnt/user/ and then all my shares disappeared!

image.png.0d068ae976cff0e74807d05a10ce8ab4.png

Any idea how to fix that? The 'user' share seems to be broken.