Does unRAID have plans to remove the link to the OS root account and use its own admin account instead?

IMTheNachoMan

I just started using Unraid and I am loving it. I work in Cybersecurity (specifically in product security) so I'm probably more paranoid than most. I haven't yet done a security review/assessment of Unraid (no time) but the one thing that really gets me is that Unraid's web UI root account is the same as the OS root account. 

I don't even know how to process that. That is a flat out no for anything our company develops. It's security 101. This is especially concerning with the introduction of the My Servers capability.

So I'm wondering if Unraid has any plans to de-link from the OS root account and establish its own root/admin account system?

P.S. I do not mean to offend or upset anyone, including the Unraid developers. It really is a marvelous product. I'd just like to see it handle security better.

P.S.S. How is Unraid supposed to be stylized? I see it written in so many different ways and I can't tell what is the right/official way?

• Thanks 1