For those interested in a 20+ build.... regarding Jetway

grandprix

For those of whom were interested in using the JetWay JHZ03-GT-LF (such as myself) for their 20+ builds, as you are probably aware by now the mobo has been EOL'd (End Of Life'd).  

The new model to replace this one according to Jetway is the HZ03-GT-V2

** Edit: And the new model is now In Stock at Newegg.  $79.99 + shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153201

The specifications/picture available at Jetway's website:

http://www.jetway.com.tw/jw/motherboard_view.asp?productid=817&proname=HZ03-GT-V2

Re: Gigabyte boards. Check my post here as there is one Gigabyte board that is MicroATX that looks promising and I've confirmed that HPA is off by default. I have this Gigabyte board for my unRaid server and am currently pre-clearing 6 x Hitachi 5k3000 2TB.

Although good luck on the Jetway, it looks a good, cost effective board.

regards

Alex

Yup. From NewEgg. It's the response to my query regarding the new replacement Jetway board (HZ03-GT-V2) that grandprix identified...

I tried finding another board in the sub $90 range that has 6 sata, 2 16x PCI-e, and onboard video, and couldn't find anything, so if this board is at least under that, we're ahead of the game...

Success! :)

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.   

According to our purchaser, we should be carrying the motherboard you
have requested within about 2-3 weeks.  As that timeframe approaches,
please check our website for availability. 

I received the same and do believe them (this time heh) as the representative from Jetway said they were going to be shipping out the boards next week.  So 1 week + freight from Korea + time to confirm shipment/enter quantities and otherwise prep to make available would be about 2-3 weeks from this time.  Makes sense.

Ohh, I'm sure they'll get as much profit margin as they can from the board, who knows perhaps we'll be pleasantly surprised.  It's too bad there is a total lack of competition in NA, else I would contact them regarding a "group buy" of sorts.  I've done my share of group buy's in the past for other things including $20k worth of components from Mouser -- albeit I said I never would organize one again (after that group buy which was quite the ordeal not to mention a royal pain).. though, I want this board as it's ideal and should be still the cheapest route.  Or atleast we can only hope.

Unsure.  You could see about using what Raj recommends in his prototype build thread (it's stickied), then again that may be the Jetway board (or at least the "older" Jetway board).  I really haven't looked much into such a creature, just 20+ builds, hence the thread ;)

Much to my wife's dismay, I have a tendency to go big or not at all.  Then again, so does she. :P <grin>  But, on a serious note, I'm not alone with this characteristic of mine, I feel quite at home here.

Unsure.  You could see about using what Raj recommends in his prototype build thread (it's stickied), then again that may be the Jetway board (or at least the "older" Jetway board).  I really haven't looked much into such a creature, just 20+ builds, hence the thread ;)

Much to my wife's dismay, I have a tendency to go big or not at all.  Then again, so does she. :P <grin>  But, on a serious note, I'm not alone with this characteristic of mine, I feel quite at home here.

The boards Raj uses are either the Zotac 4xSATA board or the Biostar DDR2 board. A 15 drive build for me is huge since I'm at 3.5TB right now and still have about 100gigs free, so anything larger than the current size is huge.

I have not used this board but from specs alone it should work just fine

the board

I was hoping to find a <$60 board, but I might not be able to do so. Sure wish I had a Microcenter nearby for those i3 combos at $100. Craziness.

Good luck finding one that meets your criteria for less than 60.  Rajahal and myself have looked at a lot of boards and that is closest one we could find (easily available on Newegg at least) that has most/all of the newer technology (DDR3, etc).  It will probably be the board we use after our supply of the Biostar boards is gone.

To anyone looking for the JetWay JHZ03-GT-V2-LF.

I will be putting in an order for a batch of these tomorrow.

If you are interested, I will order some for you as well, but I have to get this order out tomorrow as they only have a few in stock so time is of the essence.

Price is 80.00 each (+Shipping from Minnesota)

In a PM, please include the following:

Full Name:

Address:

Amount ordering:

Direct Email Address:

Phone Number:

I will give you a PayPal link to order once I recieve your request.

I just purchased two of these last night from the Canadian Newegg site, Shell Shocker deal. Looks to be on sale still on the US site.

BIOSTAR TA870U3+

Looks to be fully loaded as well. Not tested that I could find in unRaid, but nothing to freaky, so hoping it works. Has a lot of room for expansion.

Shawn

You'll likely be occupying a slot with a video card right?

How about a board with DDR3, onboard video, 1xPCIeX16, 6xSATA and AM3? I don't require the 2nd PCIeX16 slot at this time. I haven't been able to find an unRAID compatible board that's cheap.

Any particular reason you want DDR3 RAM?  Just because it is newer and cheaper?

Edit: Here's an option that is about to go on sale:

MSI MSI 880GM-E35

There are several other 880 chipset boards with similar specs that should also work.

How about a board with DDR3, onboard video, 1xPCIeX16, 6xSATA and AM3? I don't require the 2nd PCIeX16 slot at this time. I haven't been able to find an unRAID compatible board that's cheap.

Any particular reason you want DDR3 RAM?  Just because it is newer and cheaper?

Edit: Here's an option that is about to go on sale:

MSI MSI 880GM-E35

There are several other 880 chipset boards with similar specs that should also work.

I was going to buy the DDR3 now and then shuffle it around when I upgrade my main PC to a DDR3 board. It's been over 7 years since my last upgrade.

re: the Jetway. I have had issues with an AMD 880G motherboard and the SASLP Raid cards. The solution was to downgrade the SASLP cards from firmware .21 to .15. From looking at the forum this could be a more general issue with the AMD 880/890 chipsets so may affect the Jetway motherboard as well.

The workaround (downgrade to .15) seems to work fine. See here

hth

Alex

Archived