Docker-compose?

Tim Long

You can run docker-compose via docker. Put this in your /boot/config/go file to create an alias docker-compose that downloads docker-compose and run it in docker. The benefit is that it's always running the latest version, so you don't even need to update it.

alias docker-compose="docker run --rm \
    -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
    -v '$PWD:$PWD' \
    -w='$PWD' \
    docker/compose:latest"

21 minutes ago, paaland said:

You can run docker-compose via docker. Put this in your /boot/config/go file to create an alias docker-compose that downloads docker-compose and run it in docker. The benefit is that it's always running the latest version, so you don't even need to update it.

alias docker-compose="docker run --rm \
    -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
    -v '$PWD:$PWD' \
    -w='$PWD' \
    docker/compose:latest"

Right on with that. Your method is definitely different from what I've been doing, so I'll need to look into that. I've been using docker-compose for a while now, I had a desire to get Spaghetti Detective running, and now I have that and TeslaMate running using docker-compose. I've been running both of these for six months or so, and actually the documentation from The Spaghetti Detective github was super helpful in getting things setup.

This was very helpful for me @Tim Long

https://github.com/TheSpaghettiDetective/TheSpaghettiDetective/blob/master/docs/unraid_guide.md

Edited by daldridge
  • Like 1
  • 11 months later...